• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sticky and smelly

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
hi ya a lady i know has just got a rabbit 12wks old i think and she says that shes eating well and very bright within herself jumping about
but she has a sticky smelly bottom but she has found plenty of hard poos aswell in the hutch ive never had this with my rabbits wot could it be?

Is she feeding her Excel pellets? Too many greens- Cabbage is particularly bad for smelly sticky poo.

Has she changed diets since getting her?

My 12 week old rex got diarreah shortly after I got her, despite the fact that she was fed on exactly the same as with her breeder, and no greens. Most likely it was the stress of moving that caused it. But she recovered quickly:D

I dont think this is the squits though, rather poorly formed excess ceacals.....there wouldnt be normal droppings mixed between bouts of the runs.

The last two times I have seen, this one was low tolerance of cabbage (that had the smell with it) and the other was intolerance to Excel pellets.

Back