• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do if a family member does something wrong?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
A family member did something to my rabbits today that I didn't feel comfortable with. LP(family member) picked up Molly and she struggled and kicked so hard and LP had his hands so tightly around her. What should I do about it? LP may do it again and I don't want Molly harmed. LP is not a child.

I think you should say something and maybe show him how to pick your bun up in a way you feel happy about or if Molly doesn't really liked being held maybe suggest that he just strokes her

Esther x

If you don't feel comfortable with the way your family treats your rabbits just say so. I lecture my family about the buns all the time:lol:

Just don't let him pick up the bunnies. Keep them in the hutch when you get visitors. I don't let other people handle my bunnies, at least not the ones who don't have any experience with rabbits.

Just explain the bunny doesn't like it - they're less likely to react badly to that than if you say "you're doing it wrong". Then show him/her how to pick them up properly, or if she doesn't like to be picked up, explain why she doesn't like it and then offer to show him/her how to pet them.

AMETHYST

tell him he aint allowed to touch your buns as he scares them

very strong. :lol: i think i'll tell him to stop it if he does it again. he put them on their back while he was holding them. They went still but it means that they have frozen cos they are so scared? They flipped themselves onto their fronts where they are more comfortable and the way i've been holding them for ages.

You could just tell him that they're happier on the floor with him stroking and nose rubbing them instead.

I don't let anyone else pick up my buns if they don't know what they're doing :oops:

When people visit I let them see the bunnies, but I tend to keep them in their runs, and when my daughters friends visit she knows her life wouldn't be worth living if she let her friends open the runs or handle the buns.

I'm quite selfish with my rabbits.....they're mine:lol: :lol:

mebbe a touch strong.... but im very territorial about my pets and house..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: have to remind myself my o/h is allowed to bond with alvin sometimes....hehe

we tranced Alvin when we had to check his bits, i read its playing dead and the whole time they are planning thier escape... supposed to be very stressful for a rabbit... was good for us cus he didnt kick while i checked his wounds..... he didnt hold it against us neither... phewwww

Back