• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple tree branches

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
We have a huge apple tree in our back garden and I'd quite like to give some of the branches to the bunnies to chew on. The thing is, we've only lived here two years and although I know that we've never treated the tree with anything, I'm not sure whether the couple who lived here before us did. Is two years long enough to assume that the branches are safe?

I should think they'll be fine. When people spray their fruit trees it's applied to the leaves, which then fall off during Autumn anyway. Any residue on the wood itself will have gone during the 2 years since you moved in.

Thanks Capel! That's great news: both my little monsters are chewers and I think they'd really enjoy having some branches to nibble on. Now I just need to find a way to get up the tree without falling through my shed! :roll: :lol:

Back