• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the best way to add to my bunny family

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
I have a neutered pair of happily bonded smaller sized buns, and have just finished building a large bunny home at the bottom of my garden, by fencing in and roofing the gap between two sheds. This has resulted in a large aviary type of affair, 18 feet long, and 10 feet deep, which is predator proof. In this area are two hutches, (currently empty.) The 'aviary' also opens up into a bunny-proof garden which my two buns run about in and keep the lawn trimmed!
My question is this (sorry to take so long....
I think this arrangement would happily house 1 or 2 more buns, but I would like to know the best way of adding to the family, without upsetting the pair I already have.
It would be easy to divide the 'aviary' area with a hutch in each section, but can you bond new buns to an already bonded pair? What is the best proceedure.
I have not moved my 2 buns into the new bit yet, as I thought it might be prudent to not let them think the whole area is theirs yet!
Any advice would be welcome.

Will post pics when I find out how!!... Need to take some of the new bit yet, but it is pouring with rain at the mo...

Update...
Pic of my buns - hope this works!
sobut.jpg

Last edited:
Back