• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Husband starting to hate bunnies...help

nannybonk

Warren Scout
We are decorating our house at the mo, and have finished our front room. We have let the bunnies in to the room ever since we finished decorating (bout a month ago), however in the last 2 days they have started ripping the wallpaper off. My hubby is about ready to murder them, I have tried to explain that it is our fault not theirs and he understands. But is there anything we can do so that they can still come into front room, but not ruin all our hard work?

Is it the corners of the walls that they are chewing on? If so you can get strips of clear plastic cornering which would protect the paper!

One bit was the corner (hubbies fault coz he let her on the windowsill again even tho he had stopped her from nibbling there another day) the other bit was just at the bottom along the skirting board.

Piper will chew on everything in my house too and my hubby is none too pleased. I tried yelling NO really loud and squirting her with water when she would do it. She's doing loads better now but she still does it sometimes... I just have to hurry and patch what she chews before hubby sees it! (Sorry, that probably wasn't too helpful was it... :oops: :rolleyes: )

Its a shame you have already redecorated.....the best thing with house bunnies is to paint your walls!!

My two are outdoor bunnys, but on the few occasions that they have come inside Liam seems to want to chew EVERYTHING, where Mishka is exactly the opposite and doesn't bother at all. You could try calling out "No" in a short, sharp tone, and maybe they will start to learn that it is naughty (a bit like the "ouch" method when you have a bitey bun?

Good luck :)

OOOH interesting. I will look into that, thanks!

All ideas welcome, remember it may save my bunnies lives :p (and possibly my marriage!!) :)

I tried yelling NO really loud and squirting her with water when she would do it. She's doing loads better now but she still does it sometimes... I just have to hurry and patch what she chews before hubby sees it! (Sorry, that probably wasn't too helpful was it... :oops: :rolleyes: )

Hi

Similar thing here too, I found the water squirter and shouting "No" effective
with Millie too.
Although I hated using the water squirter, I'm a wuss so squirted next to her most of the time :?

Mine eat plaster - the rooms I've painted have big holes in the walls where they've chewed!! :roll:

I read an article somewhere about sticking perspex around to stop them getting to the wallpaper. You just need to do enough so they can't get to the bottom and pull a strip.

Back