• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on Kitt... and a bit of advice needed please xx

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Hey all,

Well I took Kitt back to the vets earlier, to see how his sutures were healing and how is abcesses were coping (ie, if they'd shown signs of resurfacing as yet) and, I'm pleased to say, the vet is happy with his progress :D :D

She removed his stitches and I have to take him back on Monday, just to make sure that his wounds are going to heal ok... she reckons that, if he does well on Monday, he will have his collar removed Friday of next week :D :D

And, we know what this means.... I can SLEEP through the night again, lol. I think I've become quite used to feeding cecotropes to him between 3 and 4:30am now... although I don't think I shall miss the task!!

I need a bit of advice though... my house isnt the warmest of houses and he has just started to moult... meaning he is going to lose the winter coat he started to grow being outside. Does this mean I will have to keep him indoors over winter now? If so, how long until? He is NOT going to be paired back up with Jamie, he is going to be a solo bun who has alot of attention until Hawys and I find our new house - where we will then look at getting another mini lop or maybe a netherland dwarf for him (according to the vets he's not going to grow much more and he is quite small... bless him). Jamie is on the verge of having a new girlfriend, however :) :) :)

Back