• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
if your bunny has had this done does your vet charge roughly for spurs ie dental operation

when i had mitzi it was £45 and his molars were quite bad, now mowgli has spurs he's had them since he was 16weeks but now he's 4yrs he may need them sorting out soon the vet quoted us £85 for one and more for any other? ive spoken to others and they pay about £45 like when i had mitzi, our old vet left a few years ago and the reputation of where we go seems to be going down and weve heard a few clients complaining

Hmmm thats quite a lot, everytime Pringle gets his teeth done he gets a GA and all his teeth trimmed (back) and im always between £55-£60 ...

We pay £60 for a dental alone, but with the rescues we often get it done for a few quid (or sometimes even free) if they discover spurs while neutering.

I paid over £150 for Luuna's molars to be burred :shock: That included baytril injection, painkiller injection, original consultation fee and a tube of fibreplex :shock: I'm really hoping neither of mine need them done regularly!

I paid over £150 for Luuna's molars to be burred :shock: That included baytril injection, painkiller injection, original consultation fee and a tube of fibreplex :shock: I'm really hoping neither of mine need them done regularly!

OMT Thats astonishing.

The £60 included everything on mine, and my vets are very expensive for the area too :S

OMT Thats astonishing.

The £60 included everything on mine, and my vets are very expensive for the area too :S

Yes, I was quite horrified too :? Forgot to mention that actually included a blood test too. It was optional, but as she was a rescue I didn't know if she had problems with the anaesthetic when she was spayed and I was so worried about her I just said to do it :( She had a slightly raised liver enyme but the vet didn't seem to see it as a problem.
It breaks down to approx £24 consultation, £47 GA, £42 blood test, £21 burr, £8 baytril, £11 fibreplex.
So it would be around £100 without the blood test and without fibreplex :shock:

we are going to move to another vets called vets4pets they have been recomended by another bunny lover who posts on here and lives near me they have recommended to names of vets they see and they sound great

lisa

Back