• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post bonding advice

toffee

Mama Doe
Last weekend I bonded my 14 wk old giant Melanie with my 10 mth old lionhead Prince. It's so funny because he's my smallest (1.5kg) and she's my largest (2.6 kg and counting). There was no fighting. There was a bit of mounting but that seemed to calm down by the evening so I put them to bed together.

A week on we have some mounting by both rabbits. Neither seems particularly perturbed by it.

Are they already bonded or will they not be bonded properly until they've worked out who's boss?

I'm a little worried because they don't seem particularly close yet. No fighting at all though.

Mounting will happen between firmly bonded pairs just as a reminder about who's boss. Floss mounts Bournville from time to time and he just continues doing whatever he was doing:lol: I swear he'd:lol: roll his eyes if he could!

Back