• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Girlie Boblets-Final Part of PM Results

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
All the results are now back from the Post Mortem Samples

They reveal *NO BACTERIAL GROWTH*

*NO COCCIDIA*

Tim and Christobel (Vets) say cause of death was 'CONGENITAL Pyloric Stenosis'

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Picture1141.jpg

Janex :cry:

Aw Jane. :cry: At least now you have proof that there was nothing that could be done for them. You gave them the best life they could possibly have hoped for. :thumb: Poor Girlie Boblets though... that :censored: breeder!! :evil:

AMETHYST

Aw, Jane, as Amethyst said, at least you know now that you could have done nothing at all to prevent their deaths.

At least you know now Jane and also know there was nothing you could have done. Poor wee souls, it was not meant to be :cry:

Love Kareen x

At least now you can have some peace of mind. You did all you could for those lovely little buns and gave them a wonderful life. That breeder has so much to answer for. :cry:

I just have to hope that John-Boy and Little Bill will be OK now

If it's congenital then it could be that it the gene(s) that caused it was/were present on the X chromosome of the Girlie Boblets and therefore not present in the Boy Boblets.

AMETHYST

If it's congenital then it could be that it the gene(s) that caused it was/were present on the X chromosome of the Girlie Boblets and therefore not present in the Boy Boblets.

AMETHYST

Unfortunately boys are 4-5 times *more* likely to be affected :cry:

Janex

Jane, I'm glad that at least you got something concrete back from the PMs. Are the boys well? The girls all went so close to each other, it gives me hope that the boys are in the clear :)

aww:cry: :cry: :cry: poor babies, and poor you:cry:
At least you know there's nothing that could be done, I know it doesn't make the loss any easier though. I hope the boys will be OK xx

Jane, I'm glad that at least you got something concrete back from the PMs. Are the boys well? The girls all went so close to each other, it gives me hope that the boys are in the clear :)

So far the boys seem fine. But the girls were all fine and a few hours later they were dead :cry:
TBH my initial thought was VHD as they had not yet been vaccinated due to having episodes of Snuffles. The PM on Nellie, the first to die, ruled that out.

Janex

Oh Jane..... at least you know, there was no way of preventing it and I guess thats the best outcome of a pm...... it was totally out of your hands and you gave them the best life while they were with you.:cry:

At least you know Jane, nothing's worse than not knowing. I hope the boys are ok, in humans this condition is more common in boys too I believe. Is there no test the vets can do to check the boys?

Hugs, Kathryn x

At least you know Jane, nothing's worse than not knowing. I hope the boys are ok, in humans this condition is more common in boys too I believe. Is there no test the vets can do to check the boys?

Hugs, Kathryn x

Yes, but given that I would *not* put them through what would be major surgery with little chance of success there would be no point really

Janex

Yes, but given that I would *not* put them through what would be major surgery with little chance of success there would be no point really

Yeah, I assumed that checking something like that would involve difficult surgery so I agree - not worth it. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the Boy Boblets! Harry and I are both thinking of you, Jane. (((((HUGS)))))

AMETHYST

Back