• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrr Kitt *shakes fist*

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
My poor boy is STILL having to wear his little collar to stop him getting at his stitches... meaning that, for the past 2/3 weeks I've woken up every night between 3 and 4:30 to feed him his poops AND because he is sooo damn noisy when he itches himself.

I think I need to invest in some earplugs and a decent air freshner to put somewhere near my nose!!!

Aw, poor boy :( Has he had stitches in for 2 weeks? What has he had done?

Hiya Bailey :wave:

Well we've had a bit of a drama with Kitt. A few weeks ago, apparantly, he was attacked by my other rabbit Jamie... I'd had them both since kit's and they're neutered and seemed very much inlove :? . Anyway, Kitt had a massive wound to his right flank which the vet had to clean and, literally, stick his skin back together because the suture went right through muscle also!!!

When I took Kitt back to the vet she noticed an abcess on Kitt's left flank!! So she had to shave round the fur and he's almost completely bald from the back - bless him. So this abcess she managed to remove - the whole of it, pocket included! On inspection of the original suture she noticed that an abcess had develped UNDERneath it!! :shock: So, with this, she had to open up the original wound and try and remove the abcess, taking away a bit of muscle :(

Which is when they had to stitch Kitt up with proper stitches... so my poor boy has been in his collar for 3 weeks now :( And poor mummy has had limited sleep owing to him - my hyperactive boy, frustrated in his collar who produces cecotropes which he can't get to... so has to feed on demand (lol).

But, according to the vet, he is getting better... so it's all worth it :) We've bonded really well too, he sits with me in the evening watching tv :lol: I love him, just hope he can pull through fully and lead a happy life.

(PS: Notice the time I'm posting... yes, another feeding ceco adventure :lol: )

xx

Back