• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating vibes for Smokey please- GI Stasis/Bloat UD: Much better!

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
Hi!

Can I have some eating vibes for Smokey?

She seems to be suffereing with GI Stasis/Bloat. I've syringe fed her (well my dad's coat got most of it) and given her Infacol. We're booked into the vets at 6.50pm but I'm hoping she'll start munching before then and we won't have to go. She seems interested in food but just can't seem to eat it yet.

Why do they do this to us?

Thanks

FC

Last edited:
Maybe its Smokey's teeth that are causing the problem :?
That is often the case in a Bun that is interested in food but not eating it

Good luck at the Vets

Janex

Thanks for the vibes.

I hope it isn't her teeth :( that would be the last thing we need. I'll get the vet to check though.

I wondered if it might be because she has been moulting, we've had a few stringy poos this week.

So sorry to hear you're having troubles again. :( Smokey, start stuffing yer face, or else!! ;) :p Seriously, really hope all goes well at the vets. x

Oh no poor Smokey - sending loads of "eat and poop now" vibes her way!

AMETHYST

Last edited:
Please take her to the vets even if she does start to eat, there may be an underlying problem that needs addressing and we all know how quickly they go down hill.

Lots of good luck vibes to you X

Once again thank you for the vibes.

She is still not eating, so I'm going to take her to the vets now and hopefully we can get her sorted out.

I'll let you know how she gets on.

Sooz22- I would have taken her to the vets tomorrow morning, don't worry I want to get this sorted too.

Maybe its Smokey's teeth that are causing the problem :?
That is often the case in a Bun that is interested in food but not eating it

Good luck at the Vets

Janex

That is exactly what I thought when I read "She seems interested in food but just can't seem to eat it yet". This is exactly what Evo does when his teeth need doing.

Well we've made it back from the vets.

The vet checked her teeth, tummy and took her temperature. She said that she can't find anything really wrong with her apart from a tiny bit of bloat and her stomach doesn't seem tender. Smokey was given some metaclop. and antibiotics, just in case it was something underlying. I did query not giving her painkiller but the vet said that she didn't think that she needed them because she doesn't seem to be in any real pain.

I'm to syringe feed her if she doesn't start eating and to take her back tomorrow if she hasn't improved to have more metaclop. and some painkillers to see if they help.

She still isn't munching yet but to be honest I think she is cross with me, Inky is licking her and she has a heatpad, so hopefully she should pick up a bit soon.

Hope she improves soon. I've got to query the painkiller thing too - how on earth can they tell if a bunny is in pain? The painkiller is always the thing that helps kick start my bunnies' guts. Sorry - not trying to worry you. :(

No I know, I was a little surprised but this vet usually knows her stuff.

I'm just hoping that she starts eating again soon, I'm going to syringe feed her in a minute if she hasn't.

The bloating causes pain which will stop them eating, its hard to tell if bunnies are in pain as they are prey animals so try to hide it. I'm not trying to worry you either, but I agree that pain relief is a great help to start eating. I really hope she starts eating soon, lots of luck for you both :)

Hi!

Thanks for all the vibes, they must have worked because she is much better this morning! :D

I had to syringe feed her last night before I went to bed but she was taking it quite well, which was a good sign. This morning, she has been eating her pellets, some hay and has had a run round the garden. She also wanted to be fussed which she didn't want at all last night.

I'm going to take her to the vets again this evening, just to get her checked out and also to see if we can find out what caused it in the first place.

FC xx

Back