• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

edlespan shavings

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
Does anyone use edlespan wood shavings?, the latest lot ive had had turned all my rabbits feet and noses PINK. Im wondering although it dosent look like it if they have been adding hard wood to it. Ive used it for a while now with no problems but this lates lot is so bad. Even if the water bottle drips onto it it turns pink. The rabbits feet are very dark pink now and its on there noses as well. Anyone got any ideas. Trying to get the place i get it from to get intouch with the makers in holland but as yet nothing. I wouldnt mind so much with the rescue buns but all my show rabbits are ;ink as well. val

I have no idea why woodshavings would do this :shock: It can't be good if they are eating it either :( I've not heard of this brand, is there a particular reason you use it? Soft woods are supposed to be bad for bunnies and other small animals because of the phenols they give off, have you thought of trying anything else like megazorb?

Back