• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did I do the right thing?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
I ride past a house quite often and there are two tiny hutches on the drive, too far away for me to see if there is anything in them but recently there has been a tub of food next to them so I presume there is. I think I've also seen the shape of a decent size white and black bun. So yesterday I wrote a letter to ask them to buy bigger hutches or give them to a rescue. They don't have an obvious post box tho so I tucked it into the gate.

I didn't want to put my name on it but said if they didn't want them i'd go and pick them up so for them to email me, unfortunately my email address is my name! Can't check it from work so have to wait until I get home to see if they have replied.

If they don't do anything should I call the RSPCA? How long should I give them before phoning?

Just hope they now don't send me abusive emails! It was a very polite letter tho.

Did I do the right thing? Also if they do email me and want me to pick them up has anyone got any space for them!!??

:wave: I think you did - hopefully they will take it in the right way. You could also leave some rabbit care info for them - leaflets or print it off the internet?:)

The problem is there was no where to post anything unless I went through the gate and past the lounge window which I didn't really want to do as I ride past there all the time and on someone else's horse so don't want her to get shouted at or anything :oops:

Guess I'll go past next week and see if anything has changed if not i'll up the anti as it were!!

Helen

You gave in then ;)

I dont have space right now but if you let me know if anyhting happens I may do at a later date.

Couldn't bear to think of either bun or pig in the tiny hutches so I had to do something. They haven't emailed me so will just keep an eye on them.

Helen x

Back