• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny beds...

ELVIS

Warren Scout
i put this item on ebay last week and it didnt sell. i have been asked by someone to make a boys one which i am doing but what do you think im doing wrong? i reduced the cost in case that was the problem and relisted it. i know this is blatant advertising so mods might slap my wrists but id also like to know what the problem is with it...is it that a raised /hanging bed is seen as dangerous? or too much money? or is the size wrong? just trying to think as i would love to make more bunny beds but if they dont sell theres no point!:roll: :lol:
opinions welcomed thankyooou!:)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bunny-Rabbit-...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:wave: well i think it looks a really good idea but looks like there wouldn't be much room between the top of the cage and the bed when you look at the hook bits length in the photo?

i made something sililar for my buns and they loved it :D i would love to get them this item but know it would be eaten in a few minutes :( dont hink it is over priced at all

i do know that my ratties would have adored it though :( if i ever get more rats i will definately get them one of these hammocks :)

I'd love one of those but, forgive me if i am being tight here!, i do think £13 is a bit pricey.....i'd def pay £10 inc postage for one :oops:

What about posting it with a picture of your bunny using it? I would be worried that my buns wouldn't use it as it will move when they jump on it?

Rabswood

thanks for your replies:D
price wise i reckon it cost me about £8 to make lol i have expensive taste in fabric!! heh heh i could try to source cheaper fabric of course.;)
it doesnt move too much as it is padded and much sturdier than a rat hammock. if hung in a crate or large indoor cage it can be hung from the sides rather than the top if you see what i mean, that way its not too high. i like there to be just enough room underneath for bunny to sit but thats about all. i'll take some piccies as suggested . all advice taken on board.:D
what about padded mats with no hangers? they would be cheaper ? i just love the fact that you are adding an extra dimension with these. i find them *less* likely to pee on them when they are raised too but of course what are beds for if not peeing on/pooing on/eating :roll: :lol:

I think they are fantastic and would love one to put in Fae's crate at the moment - can i have a discount for being a RU member....?:lol: pleeease!

I would suggest have picture of one in use, so people can see how much space there is on it and also below the hammock. I am also dubious about some rabbits climbing onto it, with a picture this might be clarified.

I woud not spend £13 on something I am not sure how it works in a cage without seeing a decent picture.

Good luck

Yes I was going to say could we see a picture of it in the crate -looks great and would solve me the issue of how to put a shelf in the crate so I'd be interested. On a different note - PINK?? Urgh! LOL Maybe go for a more neutral colour rather than one that is very obviously for girls?

whats wrong with pink????:rolleyes: :lol:
piccies coming soon, im decorating my living room today tho!
i actually do agree that some bunnies WOULDNT use one, but i think most of us know our bunnies and what they are capable of and what they like. i have always been surprised by how excited mine are when i offer them something different to sit on/ play with. I do have a beige fleece, some red & black which was cheaper, and several different cotton fabrics so if y'all give me a day or 2 to get me room done i'll make a few and put a few piccies up x x thanks for your comments guys:)

whats wrong with pink????:rolleyes: :lol:

What is right with pink ??

Perhaps I am an old fuddy duddy :oops: if I was 10 years old maybe I would buy pink. None of my rooms in my house contain pink ... something coordinating with a colour sceem in a room would be better. You could have one advert, but have a colour choise on it where people need to say what colour they require that you have made in advance.

Blues, greens, blacks and browns possibly would be better than pink.

I think either have a choice of colours or stick to one neutral colour. Pink may well be loved by many people but if they have a boy bunny are unlikely to get it for them! :lol: Pink can be a nice colour, but it's automatically eliminating half of your customers who have a boy bunny.

AMETHYST

They look really nice, thou if I'd been looking on ebay..........

1. I think they look really small (I've just gone back and looked at the size and it is quite big but you can't tell in the pic and I had to get a ruler out to check :oops: )

2. I wouldn't know how to attach it to my hutch as there are no "in use" pictures.

3. They look expensive for what *looks like* a small bed.

Personally I wouldn't buy one because my monsters would eat it and I couldn't attach it to my hutches :(

Think you should add some "in use" pictures, that would help with all of the problems listed above and maybe look for some cheaper fabric so you could lower the price a little. I understand what people are saying about the colour but I like it!!!!!

Good luck! :D

Yeah I totally agree with what others have said, I'd want a few piccies showing how it works, it being used by bunnies, possibly bunnies of varying sizes if poss?

And I have to say, I do think it's a bit pricey, specially when lots of people have bunnies that would chew it to bits! Plus you can get those snuggly dog houses in petshops for £13, and there's a lot more to them for the money. Might be worth mentioning whether it's washable on the description, if you haven't already.

One way of making it cheaper would be to buy fleece blankets (e.g. cot blankets) from somewhere like Oldrids, which bizarrely is cheaper than buying the actual fabric, and they're quite big - my mum uses them for backing cot quilts. I think I would also worry about the straps digging into bunny's sides - I'd like to see them maybe on the corners, or attached to the underside, so that they wouldn't restrict the useable amount of snuggle space :)

And as for colour, I think it would be best to offer a choice rather than sticking to a boring neutral colour. I personally would love pink, and wud probably go for lilac as that would go with my bunnys' towels!!

Yeah I totally agree with what others have said, I'd want a few piccies showing how it works, it being used by bunnies, possibly bunnies of varying sizes if poss?

And I have to say, I do think it's a bit pricey, specially when lots of people have bunnies that would chew it to bits! Plus you can get those snuggly dog houses in petshops for £13, and there's a lot more to them for the money. Might be worth mentioning whether it's washable on the description, if you haven't already.

One way of making it cheaper would be to buy fleece blankets (e.g. cot blankets) from somewhere like Oldrids, which bizarrely is cheaper than buying the actual fabric, and they're quite big - my mum uses them for backing cot quilts. I think I would also worry about the straps digging into bunny's sides - I'd like to see them maybe on the corners, or attached to the underside, so that they wouldn't restrict the useable amount of snuggle space :)

And as for colour, I think it would be best to offer a choice rather than sticking to a boring neutral colour. I personally would love pink, and wud probably go for lilac as that would go with my bunnys' towels!!
thankyou:) price wise, as with anything homemade i think quality counts for a lot and this was meant to be a luxury item. its honestly large enough for a rex sized rabbit for sure. the straps are sewn into the corners so dont interfere with the bed AT ALL they are just folded on top of the bed on the pic. i understand that it would be better demonstrated with an 'in use' picture:) i have bought some cheaper fleece but this was bonded fleece which is very thick and will wash well. i did state in the advert that it is machine washable:) colour wise i only had enough of the designer bunny fabric for a one-off so future hammocks will be in alternative designs. as stated before i have beige/red/black colourways planned . personally i love quirky , funky fabrics but when making for others i guess you have to think about other peoples taste too lol!:lol:
everything is going in to my brain and we'll see what comes out tuther side! heh hehe thanks again for your input x x

Back