• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eye abscess-op success

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
Hi all
Some of you may remember my bunny Joon who had a suspected abscess behind her eye, well, yesterday she had her operation to remove her eye and abscess. The op was a success and the vet found that it was a tooth root that had caused the infection. She came home this morinng and to my delight is eating! she looks in quite a sorry state and it is very upsetting to see her eye gone, but hopefully she will get over things now and make a good recovery. I m waiting for culture results to find the best antibiotic for her. There is always a risk the abscess may come back but i will cross that bridge if it comes. I'm just so happy to have her home. After losing her partner Benny just a few weeks ago i have been a nervous wreck and i was convinced i was going to lose her too. Hopefully when she's better i ill find her a special friend to keep her company.
p.s thank you to everyone who sent message when benny passed away. i still miss him terribly.
best wishes
lisa and Joon

Oh that is really good news. She sounds like a much loved bunny. Hope she continues to recover well.

Rabswood

That is SUCH fantastic news!!!!!:D :D Sending her LOADS of healing vibes for her full recovery and no return of the abcess!!!!!:D :D

Glad it went well - Maa soon got used to having one eye and her hearing got better (she's a lop and seemed half deaf before) - just take the long way around to their good side or they jump out of their skin! Maa's abscess came back a couple of times but metronidazole sorted it - been clear nearly 2yrs now :)

thanks for the wishes
Elve, thanks for the tips and you do give me hope!! Her abscess was cause by a tooth root. Joon is coping so well and eating loads! i'm quite amazed especially as she lost her partner too. Bunnies never cease to amaze me!

:D I am so glad she has pulled through. She is showing all good signs of making a good recovery and I am sure when she is well enough she will welcome another friend. Are the rest of her teeth OK?

yes i think her teeth are o.k. I will be having a good chat with the vet when i go back for the culture results. She's absolutely amazing me!! she's eating really well and doesn't seem bothered at all by it all. I'm so proud of her as she has done it without her benny too!!! I'm gonna get her the best new friend ever!!

Back