• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freecycled rabbits.....again!!!!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
:evil: :evil: :evil:

I am getting so sick and tired of seeing animals up for 'grabs' on freecycle!
So much so that I am going to end up sending abusive messages to the people doing the freecycling!!!

Another 2 today, one woman offering her five adult rabbits including hutches if required and another freecycling a hutch with water bottle, food bowl oh and a rabbit.

aaaaaarrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Whats even more annoying is that within a few hours the pets have 'apparently' gone to a new home. Apparently there is a pet moderator belonging to each freecycle group, what she does I don't know!?

i know its horrible. i saw a gp cage on ebay yesterday with toys, treats, bottle....oh and 2 gps.:evil: £100 too- kids had got fed up with them now.....:censored: :censored:

i know its horrible. i saw a gp cage on ebay yesterday with toys, treats, bottle....oh and 2 gps.:evil: £100 too- kids had got fed up with them now.....:censored: :censored:

:shock: do ebay know??? cos i am almost 99.9% sure that it is illegal to sell live animals on ebay...?

its because the listing is for a hutch so sometimes they dont notice

as for freecycle, mines quite good bcus they dont allow pets, although somtimes people who are nt under a moderated list have spme slip through but they then take them off usually. one woman advertised a rabbit a few weeks ago and i tried to get her, was going to take her to AlisonA, but the woman gave her to a new home tot he first person she met. AND what was worse they were a couple and she split them up!!! a neutured male and unspayed female, but they lived happily together, and she split them uo cus nobody wanted to! poor buns!

im also sick of people asking for hutches on freecyle (not people who do a bit of rescuing i might add). they say things like "needed, hutch for my new rabbit as its grown loads bigger than i thought, and it was supposed to be a dwarf". or they want one for the bunny they have bought for the grandkid.

i know i should appreciate that they want better living quarters for the bunny, but if they aren't prepared to pay for them why bother getting a bunny?? :evil:

rant over now

theres 2 sorts of people:

1. who will ask for a hutch just incase someone has a suitable one they can do up, before they go out and buy one. If ones not available, they do go ut and buy one.

2. then theres the other lot who dont mind giving bunny more room as long as its free

Ive found that out through freecycle, i had a hutch on there once, and someone who got it was a really nice lady who was attempting bonding two but wanted anothe rhutch incase there was a fight and needed to sperate them, but she didnt want to shell out unnessacerily for a new hutch.Other people were 100% different and very rude!

How about this :(

Wanted: Rabbit hutch as Mum has just had babies

"hi yes the mommy rabbit has had a babies but some have been munched on
by the dady one..so desperate to get a hutch...thank you:)" :shock: :shock:

Looks like more babies on the way then - I have emailed them but what can you do? :(

Last edited:
Back