• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding advice...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Hey all,

I'm at a bit of a quandry with what to use for Kitts cage. Because of his operation the other week he's having to live in the Nero 3 and be let out supervised 3 times a day. He still has his neck restrainer on also.

My problem is that I've been using newspaper and a towel along with his litter tray with megazorb - the megazorb he now kicks out of his letter tray and the paper he usually lays on he scrunches up in a rage and sits on the plastic flooring... he also kicks the towel to one side too!

Is there anything I can do?

Lou x

Could you kind of drape the towels (or alternatively cut up a cheap fleece throw as they seem to dig this less) over the base of the cage then sit the top section on top to trap it in place, from memory a nero has a base and top so it should work. I'd pop some newspaper and paper towels in his litter tray as if nothing else it'll give him something to destroy but to be fair i'd expect to change the towels or fleece every couple of days and forget about the litter tray

Hes probably just bored and finding ways to occupy himself :) I wouldn't worry about him lying on the plastic, Bailey used to have a Nero cage, he would dig all the bedding out the way and just lie on the floor!

If he "chooses" to sit straight on the plastic I shouldn't worry too much as long as he has the option of somewhere soft and warm etc! My rabbits often choose a hard surface to sit on rather than soft hay or a towel etc, I guess they just don't think quite like us!

Hannah

Back