• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monty Update

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
*************** UPDATE*******************

Well good news and bad news:? . Monty started to get a gunky eye on Sunday, it was very bad very quickly. He saw my superb vet Fiona on Monday and it was good news he had fully recovered from the myxi and it is nothing to do with that (as I had first thought- I was petrified it would be pasturella (sp?) etc) but bad news is my vet has said its caused by an ulcer - the result of a scratch, mostly likely fighting :cry: . She spotted he had a new tiny tear on his ear (I'd patched it up with dermisol cream a few days before and thought nothing of it) and she said that most likely the other rabbits have attacked him while he was poorly as they do sometimes do this:roll: . Everytime I watched them (sometimes for hours) Monty was being looked after great by the others - he always had one rabbit by his side or one cleaning up his eye:love: It was sweet as one moved away another would hop next to him to take over :lol: I do believe my vet is right though so all I can do is monitor the situation. He is not being bullied I am making sure of that so I think sadly it was just a one off.
As regards to his eye, hes been on a course of metacam, baytril, eye drops and avipro. Poor bun. Hes had a lot to deal with lately:cry: .
He saw Fiona first thing this morning and she put some dye in and said there was hardly any inflammation left, a tiny bit of scar tissue but looking good overall:thumb: Hes to see her next Wednesday just for another check... Vibes please... :D :bunny: :angel: :rabbit2:

His is ADORABLE thankyou Mandy! :D

Hes very like Monty (very quiet, gentle, temperament, will sit in your arms for half an hour!) but with a cheeky side! :lol: Hes indoors in the cage he came in and he has been doing binkys in my living room which is very odd to see when you have outdoor buns ! :lol: Hes also been the first rabbit I've ever owned whos lept onto my bed without hesitation. :lol:
I am hoping to get him neutered asap but naturally I want Monty 100% before I have another rabbit on veterinary treatment ;)

Can't think how I missed this, Leanne, but glad to hear he's doing fine. See you shorlty when you come over to meet Nia.:D

Back