• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

strange question?

kimd6200

Banned
ok,ive got my boys charlie n thumper n i can spend all day hugging them,stroking them and everything.going to my cousins house and stroke her guinea pig n im itching off!my eyes go all red n i cant stop scratching!:shock: can you be allergic to piggies and not buns?boys dont affect me in the slightest.nor do others peoples buns.just guinea pigs. confused now.x:)

Maybe they live in something that you are allergic to that they have in their fur like hay dust or sawdust? Or could be something like my ex boyfirend was allergic to cats but not to my 2 Havana Browns.

its not that odd, male guineas, and rats. make my eyes sore , and i get a rash on my face, thank goodness for rubber gloves, yet im fine with females

rabbits have fur, whereas piggies have hair - they're very different animals, so it's not strange to be allergic to one but not the other :)

Guineas have hair rather than fur are you allergic to horse's as well as many people are allergic to both.

Funnily enough I'm allergic to albino rabbits and that's only come on in the last couple of years, think it's something to do with the lack of pigmentation in the fur:?

I'm allergic to piggy fur. I get red bumps on my skin and it really itches:cry:

Back