• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay

KarinB

Warren Scout
Can anyone give a little more info on the dust free hay?

What size are the bales? i.e. actual dimensions when compact and amount of hay when opened
If I was to order 5 Pack Mix of Hay what kind of hay would I receive?

I'd say that 5 of their bales are equivelent to 1 bale from a farm, so if like me you order the 10 bales, you'll get the equivelent of 2 normal sized bales.
How they manage to show 1 bale filling a dustbin is beyond me - must be 75% air!!!:D

i have 5 rabbits and 1 bale last 2 days for food, when i'm using it for bedding i'm getting through a whole lot more!

the hay i've had has generally been good soft hay but this last bale i opened was quite stalky and they're not impressed. I drove past a farm locally yday that had a big hay for sale sign outside so I intend on popping in there at the weekend to check it out!

I buy a bale from a local farm shop for £4 and it lasts ages and is lovely soft hay and the rabbits love it. I've tried the dust free, they didn't like it anymore and it is very expensive so I'm sticking to the bale. However when I had guineapigs they loved the dustfree one more so probably worth it for them :)

My piggies love it too.
My bunnies love oat hay but its so expensive.They eat dust free and get an handful of oat hay every evening:D

Mine love the dust free hay, and it always looks and smells lovely. I really think it has helped with Salt's snuffles as well, as his symptoms have cleared up.
I buy 10 bales at a time, and that will last me about 6-7 weeks. I use it as bedding as well as for eating.

kayjay,u pay 4 pound?isnt that expensive?its 2 pound a bale where i live but i get mine free off my landlord.advantage hes a farmer.ive brought dust free hay n i found buns didnt like it sostick to farm hay.x

Mine love the dust free hay, and it always looks and smells lovely. I really think it has helped with Salt's snuffles as well, as his symptoms have cleared up.
I buy 10 bales at a time, and that will last me about 6-7 weeks. I use it as bedding as well as for eating.

10 bales lasts me about 7-8 weeks too. My rabbits and piggies both love it :D

10 'bales' lasts me about 6 weeks as well, my buns also have a lot of grazing time on grass so they probably eat a bit less hay than some others. I buy their dust free barley straw for bedding and it's absolutely ace, I'm really pleased with it - and funnily enough my lot prefer the stalky hay to the soft stuff, I'm glad you can now pick the option of which type to buy if there is a variety available from the cut at that time.

Back