• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Millie's Kittens! U/D Latest Photos (today)

We sadly lost one of Millie's kittens Saturday night :cry:

Gave her the kiss of life, massaged her and managed to bring her round, but sadly it wasn't to be, and lost her about an hour later. Nothing apparently wrong, I guess it was just one of those things, but very sad indeed :cry: :cry:

Here are a few of the latest photos. Can't believe how much they have grown. I'm 99% sure that there's 2 girls and 2 boys. 3 blue and 1 blue/cream.

I popped my head around the door earlier, and 2 of the kittens were busy feeding, but the other 2 were play fighting already and their eyes haven't even opened yet!

Here are a few snaps of them wide awake! (well wide awake with their eyes closed anyway :lol: :lol: ) Their eyes should start to open in next few days.

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00007-1.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00002-1.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

They aren't like rabbit kittens, you can handle them with mom's approval. I just make sure I carefully wash my hands first. The more they are handled at this age, the more well adjusted they are as they get older (so I'm told).

Hope you like them.

Carol xx

Last edited:
I love the third pic :lol: looks like he's saying 'Oi put me back in the warm'

It's sad one of them didn't make it though :(

Sorry you lost one but as you say it seems as though it just wasn't meant to be. :cry: The others look sooooo CUTE!! Good luck!

AMETHYST

Thank you for your lovely messages :wave:

I'll give you an update of their progress every week, I can't believe how quickly they are growing :shock:

Carol xx

I'm sorry to hear that you lost one :( They are gorgeous though :love: You're going to have your hands full when they are a bit older!

cccuuuute. Did you know if you go to the whiskas and felix websites you can register for free kitten packs with food and toys and stuff in?:D

cccuuuute. Did you know if you go to the whiskas and felix websites you can register for free kitten packs with food and toys and stuff in?:D

Ooh no, I didn't know that! Thanks very much for the info! :wave:

I already used Whiskas & Felix for all my other cats, so I wont feel as guilty! :oops: :lol:

Carol xx

They look like they are coming along really well, sorry one died, fading kitten syndrome is very common and there really is nothing you can do to help.
I love it when kittens first open their eyes, and when they first start to focus and actually 'see' a few days later then I lvoe the way they just sit in wide-eyed-wonder taking in the world:D

They look like they are coming along really well, sorry one died, fading kitten syndrome is very common and there really is nothing you can do to help.
I love it when kittens first open their eyes, and when they first start to focus and actually 'see' a few days later then I lvoe the way they just sit in wide-eyed-wonder taking in the world:D

I'd not heard of fading kitten syndrome before, but that probably explains it :cry: Would you believe the smallest of the kittens had one eye open yesterday, but the other still hasn't opened yet :? Is this usual?

Carol xx

Yeah, the eyes dont always open together. How old are they now? Typically eyes open between 7 to 12 days of age, you'll be able to tell when they are about too as the eyelids puff right up and there is usually tear leakage and gunk build up. You can wash this away a couple times per day gently with cooled, boiled plain water and it will help them open their eyes, dont force them before they are ready though, this can cause ulcers and stuff.
You wait, before you know it they will be tearing around and upto loads of mischief!:lol: I know its hard to not worry all the time when they are young but do remember to enjoy them too, they dont stay lickle for long.
Is this your first litter too? Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help:wave: (not that I'm saying you need it and I'm sure your breeder is mentoring you too?!:oops: )

Yeah, the eyes dont always open together. How old are they now? Typically eyes open between 7 to 12 days of age, you'll be able to tell when they are about too as the eyelids puff right up and there is usually tear leakage and gunk build up. You can wash this away a couple times per day gently with cooled, boiled plain water and it will help them open their eyes, dont force them before they are ready though, this can cause ulcers and stuff.
You wait, before you know it they will be tearing around and upto loads of mischief!:lol: I know its hard to not worry all the time when they are young but do remember to enjoy them too, they dont stay lickle for long.
Is this your first litter too? Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help:wave: (not that I'm saying you need it and I'm sure your breeder is mentoring you too?!:oops: )

Thanks very much Vicki, it's much appreciated :wave:

They are 5 days old now, but it was yesterday when one of the kittens eye's opened, so I suppose that's quite quick :shock: Their eyes are very clean at the moment, no gunk or anything.

I know what you mean about them growing so fast, I can't believe how quickly they've come on. There's 3 porky ones and one little diddy one (this one being a girl, and being very vocal indeed! :lol: ). I wanted to take a few photos, because as you say, they go up so quickly. I keep handling them, and Millie is quite happy with this, the kittens all seem to be getting used to me. I make sure I clean my hands thorough first though.

It's the first litter I've been lucky enough to share, and it's been a tremendous experience, I'm going to have Millie spayed once she's ready healthwise. My friend is at the other end of the phone, as she lives at the other side of the country, so I don't like to keep pestering her, even though I know she doesn't mind. Although she's bred her pedigree cats, her cats are firstly pets, so I suppose she was once probably like me, new to kittens. It's definitely been a whole new experinece for me, but definitely worth sharing with Millie.

Carol xx

Back