• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions for new house for Timmy bun

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Hi im in the middle of a huge tidy up and shift round in my house trying to get it to a saleable condition so we can move to Scotland, The estate agent is coming round tomorrow!
Having moved 4 of my 5 buns outside now i am left with my small nethie, Timmy indoors, both me and hubby wanted to keep him in as hes the smallest and its nice having at least 1 rabbit in the house as all the others have had to be moved outside to reclaim my spare bedroom.

Anyway Timmy is currently living in a 36" Dogcrate but having moved him in to the other bedroom the crate looks massive and seems to dominate the room as he is currently standing on a chest of drawers, does anyone have any suggestions for a new house for him but perhaps where a cage or something isnt quite as deep as a dog crate it can be a bit wider but we really need something that doesnt stick out quite so far in the room, also with having perspective buyers round i need something to contain his hay and stuff better as hes a messy little tyke:roll: I have got a rabbit 100 cage which he used to be in but im worried he wont have enough room as hes quite active!!!

Any suggestions anyone??:roll:

Sorry for the long post!!!:oops:

If you are finding the 36 inch dog crate rather prominant in your spare bedrrom, I would wonder if one of the two storey indoor cages would look a little obvious as well.

Try using the indoor cage you have and putting something of similiar size under it to get an idea of the size that the two storey cage would look like ... you would get a reasonable idea and woudl know if this would work.

For the posh look, try a cupboard converted into a hutch.

Pick up any nice looking second hand cupboard to fit the available space. Chop the centre out of one of the doors and mesh over (do it on the inside so it looks neat. If it's got a shelf you can cut a hole to make two stories. If it's melamine (like a kitchen cabinet) it should clean easy otherwise you can line with lino. A tray or two will help keep the mesh in and leave a few inches at the bottom when you cut out the door so it keeps the bits in.

You might find the viewers don't even notice :lol:

Tam

How about something like this

103-4455544-1621450

Too small for a normal sized rabbit but we've had guinea pigs and nethies boarding with us where the owners have bought them in one of these and they are great for them if they have a run or free roaming exercise access during the day too:)

Back