• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on locking Frida in dog cage please

at the end of nov im off to whitby for 3 days for my 30th. sadly, while i was in parga Frida had another bout of GI Stasis. We've toyed with the idea of taking her to whitby with us but she's not too good at travelling so its not really an option.

my lovely mum is taking the weekend off work to come and feed, and clean my lot out as well as giving them some attention. im reluctant to leave Frida in the house overnight though in case she has another attack of GI Stasis.

my mum knows what to look for and has offered to have Frida at hers for the weekend, so she can take her straight to the vets if necessary.

normally Frida is free range and my mum has said that while she's in the house, she will let her free range. but she'll have to lock her up on a night. would she be alright overnight in a 42x28 inch dog cage? it will probably be from 11pm to 7am. my mums room isnt very big, but i might be able to get her to put a pen in front of the cage if necessary.

im really panicking now as i dont want to lock her up, but i want her to be at my mums.

Thanks

Sarah.

I'm sure she'll be fine. She won't like it (I know what my 2 free range bunnies are like about being shut in! :roll: :lol: ), but it's only temporary, and is in her best interests, as she'll be well looked after. :)

i have a big dog crate you can borrow if you like ....dont know measurements but can get them if you want .

thanks Angie. ive spoken to my mum tonight though and she'll let me use the cage plus a pen at the front :D so thats made me feel a bit happier.

also i have now found somewhere to board all of the bunsters in May :D and the piggies too and its only 25 minutes from my house so thats another weight off my mind :)

Back