• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding....sigh

rineyroo

Mama Doe
Today I collected Bandit, a 14 month old neutered male as Snowy's intended new companion. I introduced them in neutral territory (our hallway) and things seemed to be going ok until suddenly they had a massive fight and Bandit bit Snowy's ear and nose. So I've put them in runs next to each other. They are sniffing each other a lot, I suspect Snowy wants a rematch. When I bonded Snowy and Horris they bonded almost instantly. Something tells me this could take a while :roll:

Last edited:
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh do not mention the 'B' word to me. One of my Buns had to have a huge 'bonding gone bad' wound sutured under GA yesterday. She had a 'bad GA' and her heart nearly stopped :shock: :cry:

I am now even more nervous of bonding anyBun

I hope that you will eventually have a good result :)

Janex

Oh dear, I hope you bun gets better soon. Why can't they just be nice to each other? I do hope I get them bonded else I shall have to try another man for Queen Snowy :roll:

I split my run in 2 for a few days with the rabbits being able to see each other all day then tried the bond which went really well apart from fur pulling which lasted 24 hrs but were grooming within 12hrs.Dont know if them seeing each other for a few days helped but i thoght it might,rick:D

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh do not mention the 'B' word to me. One of my Buns had to have a huge 'bonding gone bad' wound sutured under GA yesterday. She had a 'bad GA' and her heart nearly stopped :shock: :cry:

I am now even more nervous of bonding anyBun

I hope that you will eventually have a good result :)

Janex

Was this a rex bunny Jane ?

Back