• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies moving litter tray around

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Hi

Polo and Oscar now think it is fun to move their litter tray around their run, and continue to poo and wee both in the litter tray and where the litter tray used to be, which means theres poo and wee all over and it takes ages to sweep up. Naughty bunnies. Is there any way that i can prevent them from moving the litter tray around the run... they have plenty of toys they are just naughty.

Joanne

I put bricks around the sides of Maa's tray - her tray being a huge underbed box - a cat litter tray with bricks round it would be her idea of fun :rolleyes:

Billy and Emily used to do this if they had Megazorb in the tray because it's light. Now I put wood pellet litter in it and its heavier so they don't bother as much.

when teegs did that with his tray i drilled a couple of holes in it and cable ties it to his cage. they dont bother so much now as they have a large smooth edged tray i dont think they could move it if they wanted to!

I have to tie Sasuke's litter tray up. He lives in an indoor cage though and uses a triangle litter tray. He's litter trained in that he refuses to use anything but that corner, but unless the litter tray is stuck, he takes it away and poos underneath:roll:

Mine like playing supermarket trolleys with theres, what I mean is that Jessie sits in the tray and Petey pushes her round in it:lol: :lol: :lol: I think they got the idea from Twinkle and Louis (RIP) Little mites, it was annoying though as it was just a toy to them so I drilled holes in the tray and tied it to the run.

Mine like playing supermarket trolleys with theres, what I mean is that Jessie sits in the tray and Petey pushes her round in it:lol: :lol: :lol: I think they got the idea from Twinkle and Louis (RIP) Little mites, it was annoying though as it was just a toy to them so I drilled holes in the tray and tied it to the run.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad its not just mine that move their trays around. My have 3 in their shed - 2 on the floor of the shed and 1 in the open hutch, and each morning the one in the hutch has been carefully moved out - I can't work out how they do it because the hutch is about a foot from the floor and the tray has never tipped up, but is carefully placed! They then just use the hutch as a huge toilet!!

Back