• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dreaming bunny

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
Biscuit's crashed out on the sofa behind me, and I hope so much that she's dreaming. Do bunnys dream? I mean like, be active in their sleep, like cats & dogs. Biscuit's breathing keeps going faster and slower, and she keeps twitching her whiskers... Any ideas?

My cat Newt dreams alot, and quite vividly. He has often woken himself up miaowing or jumping as if being chased :lol: Don't know about bunnies though, although I would imagine they do!!

Biscuit's dreams will most likely involve carrots, parsley and climbing over EVERYTHING, and then falling off it.

I've NEVER seen my bunnies with their eyes closed!!! Is this cos I've only had them six days? i.e. they don't want to put themselves 'at risk' by falling asleep when they don't quite know me yet?

:oops: do bunnies sleep with their eyes open?!

Yep mine do at least some of mine do, Timmy sleeps with his eyes open sometimes so does Emily and occasionally so does Jess, Pete dont care and just crashes out though he has given me a scare once or twice and hes been totally crashed out on his side with his eyes open and hes been in a very deep sleep very shallow breathing and doesnt move when i call him:shock: little mite just lays there fast asleep and i have to make a really loud noise to wake him just to make sure hes still with us:shock: :lol: :lol:

My Timmy and also Penelope DEFINATELY dream!:D They do loads of nose and whisker twitching, and their little feet kind of 'paddle' sometimes, too!:D Timmy even makes weird little noises when he dreams sometimes.....but then, he is VERY vocal when he is awake, and makes a HUGE variety of noises......including clucking like a chicken when he is happy!!!:D :D (No, I am NOT kidding!!!:shock: :lol: ) I expect that Timmy probably dreams about chasing the dogs, and Penelope probably dreams about getting in the bin and strewing rubbish.....her favourite hobby!!!:roll: :lol:

I've only seen mine asleep with their eyes closed a couple of times in the year ive had them. usually when ive got one on my lap and im playing with ehr ears and she just settles down n has a nap. :)

When I was doing A level psychology we looked at a study which had used some kind of brain scanning technique to work out what cats and dogs dream about and it turns out they often dream about their owners. :love:

I think from long alcohol & brownie fueled student discussions with biology post grads..........

during the night you brain transfers your short term to your long term memory & visa versa. Dreaming is a biproduct of that, it's a bit like watching a badly edited version of your recent experiences, thoughts and so on. This is why I've probably been dreaming about getting washed away in bunny pee for the last week. Therefore any animal that sleeps could have some sort of dream.

However, don't take this at 100% accurate, the alcohol may have fried some of my transfer to long term memory.

My buns don't properly sleep much unless it's sunny...then they sunbathe with their eyes closed & head down.

I :love: the way their cheeks twitch and they screw their faces up and they try and run with their paws racing - awwww I wanna go home and get my bunnies out so they can go back to sleep! :lol:

Back