• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vhd vaccine..what do i need to expect??

rianne23

Mama Doe
titly pretty much says it all lol!! but Daisy is booked in for her VHD wednesday and i am not really sure what to expect as it has been a long time since i have had a bunny have a VHD vaccine...

anybody offer me some advice please feel free to do so lol! :D

:wave: Barney had his on Saturday - came home and sat and chilled for about half an hour or so and then just carried on as normal. I asked the vet nurse and she said she hadn't seen an adverse reaction to VHD in her 4 years at the surgery but that if anything were to happen would prob show in first hour.

oh that's brill...i may linger around the vets for an hr after daisys vaccine then as it is a fair way frm my house ,i cant drive and have 2 kids lol! xx

Mine have always been fine from it, a little subdued perhaps for an hour or so afterwards but I think that was more from stress of the journey than a reaction to the jab, I'm sure yours will be fine:)

you might get a small scab a day or so after the jab. Mine got it with VHD, not with mixi. It's nothing to worry about unless its big, sore etc.

mine both had a limp in their front right leg, but carried on as if nothing had happened

If it's any help, Saxon's just had her VHD today and other than being flat out on the floor she's absolutely fine (touch wood!). As soon as she came out of the carrier, she sat cleaning her face, went for a drink and then flopped out as normal on the rug :D

Back