• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1 Step closer!!!

...I have just made an appointment to get Bella's first ever injection done this Friday at 04:30pm!!!

I'm very nervous as I don't know what Bella will be like so we'll just have to wait and see. I have a feeling she will/might bite someone thats there but i'm not sure. I am worried in case I tell myself I can't get her out her indoor cage in time for the appointment and we'll end up missing it as I keep asking my mum to do it and thats how I never learn!!! Tips welcome by the way. I can get her out her hutch because the door doesn't open upwards unlike her new indoor cage we have got for her now. I will try my best but my mum will proberbly do it, I'm just worried in case I hurt her or drop her because she wriggles whenever I try to get hold of her hind feet :cry:

Awww sweetie, I am sure that Bella will be just FINE with her injection!!!:D My bunnies never even seem to notice when they do it!

I am sure that you will eventually gain the confidence that you need with getting Bella in and out of her cage by yourself.Just take your time and try to relax and take things slowly, as Bella will sense your nervousness and this will then make HER nervous too.....and therefore much more prone to wiggling and trying to get free.;)

Good luck with the vet visit, and make sure and let us know how you get on!!!!!:D :D

XXX

Awww sweetie, I am sure that Bella will be just FINE with her injection!!!:D My bunnies never even seem to notice when they do it!

I am sure that you will eventually gain the confidence that you need with getting Bella in and out of her cage by yourself.Just take your time and try to relax and take things slowly, as Bella will sense your nervousness and this will then make HER nervous too.....and therefore much more prone to wiggling and trying to get free.;)

Good luck with the vet visit, and make sure and let us know how you get on!!!!!:D :D

XXX

Yay - A reply - I was beginning to think people hadn't noticed this thread them :shock: :lol:

Is it because it goes in not much skin that they don't notice or it it because you bunnies have got used to it now as this will be Bella's first ever injection.

I keep telling myself I can do it and I can get her out myself and handle her like now, But when it comes to doing it my brain tells me the total opposite!!!

Thank you - I'll let you know how we get on :thumb:

:?

:wave:

xx

My 3 are all fine when they have their injections. You have nothing to worry about :) Bunnys are tougher than they look

Caspian has been having injections 2/3 daily for the past 4 days and he has never yet flinched at a single one, even the sub-cuts which use a huge needle.

They really dont feel pain or worry about it like we do....probably cuz they dont know its coming.

all my buns on their first didnt even flinch. I expected them to jump or wriggle and not one of them batted an eyelid. My mum took her work rabbit treacle today 4 a checkup on her spay and i asked her to take Jelly with her (i love jelly but she is one stroppy mare!) and she didnt do anything!

youll be suprised, bella wont even flinch!

My 3 are all fine when they have their injections. You have nothing to worry about :) Bunnys are tougher than they look

Aww - You a lucky then!!! I know i'm proberbly being stupid and childish, its just Bella hasn't had any injections done before so i'm kind of worrying :? My Bella would proberbly look shocked or something :lol: :shock:

Caspian has been having injections 2/3 daily for the past 4 days and he has never yet flinched at a single one, even the sub-cuts which use a huge needle.

They really dont feel pain or worry about it like we do....probably cuz they dont know its coming.

2 - 3 daily injections?! - OUCH!!! :oops: :shock: :roll: :lol: Sorry for sounding dumb but what are sub - cuts??

So what your saying is that like I didn't have any clue about the Myxomatosis and the HVD whilst I had Bella for the first 2 weeks - I wouldn't be worrying as much now?

all my buns on their first didnt even flinch. I expected them to jump or wriggle and not one of them batted an eyelid. My mum took her work rabbit treacle today 4 a checkup on her spay and i asked her to take Jelly with her (i love jelly but she is one stroppy mare!) and she didnt do anything!

youll be suprised, bella wont even flinch!

Everyone that has told me about their bunny(s) just like you, Are very lucky!!!
Thats what i'm expecting Bella to do, Jump, bite, scratch and/or wriggle but i'm not sure now because of the people that have told me theirs didn't even move an inch on here (RU)...

I'm thinking Bella might just jump off the table or something :roll:

So here it is - The day before Bella's appointment for her first injection, Yet, I'm not confident it handling her!!! What do you think I should do - Ask the vet person we have to show me how to do it or should I just do it the way I do it now, Which takes me ages??

Ok it is now one day after Bella's injection and everything went fine, Bella was a little shy but apart from that, Yeah, Better than expected actually!!!

Back