• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMT-How did that happen?

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Just went to look at Gypsys 'girl' bits to help with this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=104449

and found a penis and a pair of testicals staring back at me.

He is supposed to be around 1 year old and has been seen by TWO vets to see if 'she' could be speyed (weight problems).

There were 100% no testicals before...Gaynor what have you done :shock: :lol:

Can a boy bun still be called Gypsy? :oops: :oops:

:shock: that must have been one shock!!!!

I think Gypsy is ok for a boy, not like its Mary or something real girly;)

OMG I am at work and was about to take a call when I read this and burst out laughing... when I read it out to my friend she thought I was on about a child lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a girl, Susie Soo and she was checked by two vets and a few others. All of sudden the said Susie became a Spuddy Buck ! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had the opposite problem! Spent a good week willing Chinooks testicles to drop in time for the neuter with his brothers - then realised they were never going to and booked her in for a spay instead!! :oops:

ETA: yeah - I reckon Gypsy is ok for a boy :D

He is supposed to be around 1 year old and has been seen by TWO vets to see if 'she' could be speyed (weight problems).

Lol, I feel your pain my Daphne suddenly developed fine examples of bunny manhood, after being sexed by a couple of vets, his rescue owner, my family and I.

I too was really disapointed at first because I thought 'she' was one of the cutest girly bunnies I had ever seen, but it was only really me who ever had an issue, he certainly doesn't mind.

As for the name, we tried calling him Daffyd but that didn't work either so Daphne he remains...

Just think about the song 'A Man Named Sue' ;)

I can't believe it!!! :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol:

Thats what banana chips will do for you!!!:lol:

I never dreamt that Gypsy was anything but a girl - s/he may have gender issues now, as s/he has been referred to as "beautiful girl" and "madam" for over a fortnight. I only really checked down there a couple of times to see if s/he was clean - didn't have a good feel or anything :lol:

I have been thinking about the name issue - probably Gyp to remain similar, George, or you might have to go completely different. Is he going to be neutered then? :wave:

PS. Lily says hi, and is relieved she is not allowed any banana chips :lol:

She was called George before we got her :roll:

Ironically she was sold as a boy but re-sexed as a girl by their vets (and me and 2 of mine)....a situation where the pet shop actually was right by the looks of it.

Her nickname has always been Gyp anyway.

Oh and Lily.....def. no banana chips for you heffalump bunny :no:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My best friends (Sarah & Jennie) have a boy doggy called Gypsy, but we all know him as Gyp.

My Nibbles used to be a very unoriginal Elvis. When the vet told us that He was actually a She, we were very embarassed, and wanted to call her Priscilla, but my Mum wouldn't let us. She said it was a silly name. Nibbles does suit her though. Naughty Nibbles :D

Sorry but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , it's the way you tell em Sooz:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mind you I cant talk, both myself, it's previous owner and 2 vets sexed ours as a girl, then I was cleaning them out one day and said to hubby I think something is stuck under Muffins back end, picked her/him to have a look and there were 2 enormous plums there that had literally appeared overnight;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn't help it:lol:

Lily was mis-sexed by the pet shop and sold as a boy. 'Leo' was her orginal name, she was then mix-sexed by a vet and my best friend. It took a her brother humping her for my friend to start to worry they'ed all got it wrong. It was then she came to live with me, with a small chance of her being pregnant:shock: , pleased to say she wasn't:D .

vikki:wave:

If it hadnt been for that thread I would have happily taken her to see Anita next Friday none the wiser.....until that phone call.

Oh well its saved us £25 anyways :rolleyes: :lol:

How :lol: !
Years ago I used to know a musician who worked & toured with Donovan called Gypsy Dave Smith, and he was a rugged kinda guy! I think it's a groovee name, stick with it :D

Back