• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bit of a mad idea but would it work!

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Ok chatting to Sean today and he came up with a slightly bonkers idea.

When we put the hutch and run on the grass (when we've cut the hedge down) he said (possibly jokingly) about putting another hutch on the other side of the garden (its only a small garden) and then running some king of tube under the grass from one hutch to the other. Now i'm sure that Piper would love this and would be running backwards and forwards and exploring all day but is it actually feasible?

Using some kind of tough plastic pipe and connections or would they just chew/dig their way out.

Helen x

Sounds reasonable enough, but you would have to dig up half your garden to lay the piping.

Then you have the issue of buns getting stuck or refusing to come out. One of mine got stuck in a woven grass tube thingys, it was a nightmare trying to get her out and I could see what I was doing. You would have to invent a big bunny shover on a stick, just in case of blockages like DynoRod the drain people use.

Then you have the issue of drainage and ventilation.

It's a good idea, but not something I'm going to rush to copy. Sorry

I knew someone would give me some sensible reason why it would not be a good idea. The only one i could think of was a bun stuck half way through i and having to dig it out!!

Ah well am sure we'll think of another idea to keep them entertained!

My O/H suggested that to me a few weeks back and I too thought what if they got stuck or wouldn't come out when needed, or worse still were ill and went in there to hide.

You could do it. Dig a trench, put gravel on the bottom (for drainage) then line it with U shape wood (floor and sides). Make the top level with the ground and hinge a wooden lid. That way they have a safe tunnel but you can lift the lid for access. So like a very long thin box :D

You could do it. Dig a trench, put gravel on the bottom (for drainage) then line it with U shape wood (floor and sides). Make the top level with the ground and hinge a wooden lid. That way they have a safe tunnel but you can lift the lid for access. So like a very long thin box :D

Thats a realy good solution.

Now I just need a house with a lawn and a willing OH to build me one :lol:

You would have to invent a big bunny shover on a stick,

...and this evening on QVC we have a product that is absolutely perfect for all of our viewers who have ever tried to answer that nagging question 'what would I do if my podgy bunny got stuck in a large plastic tube?' Yes, we give you the one and only "big-bunny-shover-on-a-stick"

If you have to put the bun back in its hutch every night it might not be such a good idea though, I know my two can be darn stubborn when its time to go back to their shed.:lol: So thats a consideration, but other than that, it sounds a great idea!:D

It sounds good, I have thought about it too. But I know exactly where my bunnies would go and hide just before a vets appointment if they had a tunnel the length of the garden that I cant get them out of :lol:

...and this evening on QVC we have a product that is absolutely perfect for all of our viewers who have ever tried to answer that nagging question 'what would I do if my podgy bunny got stuck in a large plastic tube?' Yes, we give you the one and only "big-bunny-shover-on-a-stick"

Does it get bunnies out from the back of sofas???
Someone make one and go on dragons den...

Does it get bunnies out from the back of sofas???
Someone make one and go on dragons den...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Scarletts favourite place to hide is behind the sofa! Buu has started squashing herself under her hutch and then she sticks her head out so I can see her and watches me struggle to lift the hutch and let her out :roll: :lol:

Buu has started squashing herself under her hutch and then she sticks her head out so I can see her and watches me struggle to lift the hutch and let her out :roll: :lol:

Nibbles used to do that. She used to crawl under Biscuit's hutch and drive her mad! She then grew again and was slightly too big to do it. Unlucky Nibbles.

Nibbles used to do that. She used to crawl under Biscuit's hutch and drive her mad! She then grew again and was slightly too big to do it. Unlucky Nibbles.

You should see the size of Buu and the size of this gap though :lol: I am amazed she can get under there, she must have trouble getting under and turning around to stick her head out :roll: :lol:

You should see the size of Buu and the size of this gap though :lol: I am amazed she can get under there, she must have trouble getting under and turning around to stick her head out :roll: :lol:

My buns have that big 2 storey one from p@h, Thistle Hall?? The big one. Well, that's not too far off the ground, but watching a nethie sized bun crawl around on her belly winding up a Dwarf lop is so funny! My girls love aggravating each other.

Back