• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please

jesska

Alpha Buck
iv got a very old bunny over 7 years and a guinea of age of 3years lived together a fews years now and not sure what i should first. i first thought split them up.
rabbit gets neutured and they both get friends of same kind but just didnt go that way...my vet no! hes too old they dont seam to recover aswell when older, and she said look i would leave the bunny alone its suffered head tilt and hes partly blind, and she dont want to drestress it(she works with my animals quiet closely) and iv seen gorgie the piggy on here and want it too go with my piggy cause i know they be good together, but will it destress it taking the piggy away, cause i know they living together is really a good idea:?

yeah there been fine so far, i just no there not meant to be together and i didnt no what best to do now there already together

I think, this is just a personal opinion, if they are fine together after all this time, it may be more disruptive to seperate, espcially considering buns age xxxxxxx

Given that your bunny is quite old & also doesn't sound too well, I'd let them stay together, especially as they have been together for a couple of years without harm.

Your bun could be neutered at 7 years old, especially as male is much easier than female but again he doesn't sound in the best of health so the vet might be ruling it out becuase of that. Has your bun been treated for head tilt?

oh yeah my vet treated for head tilt, it tuck us along time to get him back to normal, and not been able to pick him up because he would just curl up into a ball but hes head nearly back to normal and lost alot of hes eye sight because it was a worm in hes head, and just said having neuturing done he might not recover as well when there young. i think im exspecting too much from him specially at hes age

after talking to plenty of people my best bet is keep piggy and bunny together and if and when my bunny passes away( hopely never) he will get hes piggy friend:D because piggy only 3 and hes got plenty of years ahead

Im really sorry to hear your bunny has had EC.

I think given his poor health and sight problems (it can be hard to bond a rabbit with poor eyesight as they are always on the defensive) I would leave him as long as no-one is being bullied.

yeah it was a very stressful time but hes a very happy bunny now and no-one is being bullied both great with each other

Back