• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Appeal Please..U/D even MORE babies....

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Please can anyone help, we have been contacted by the RSPCA who have gone to a house and found 14 rabbits all running loose, there are 8 females, who are probably pregnant and the rest are bucks, none of them have been neutered, the RSPCA have nowhere to send them as they are totally full.

Can anyone please help?, if you can please email Jane Dexter on

janeldexter@btinternet.com

Many thanks

Last edited:
sadly it is never ending - at what point do we start having all these poor creatures put to sleep? :(

We don't...we campaign/educate to stop pet shops selling them...and educate people not to buy from pets shops and to neuter all their pets.
Also do all we can to increase standards of care and general knowledge.

All animals already born deserve a chance of life.

Last edited:
iv got room here, iv got a big 6 ft long by 4 ft wide and under neither run same measurements very big good for pair or 3 so would have to get along together, and a single hutch free at the minute im in eastyorkshire willing to drive to far

I still think all pet owners should have to have a license to keep them but with the recent changes in animal licensing allowing for any old person being allowed to purchase certain exotic pets there isn't much hope.

Why oh why won't people neuter/spey their pets? :cry: No animal born into the world should be PTS just because there are so many. I wish I could take some but I have no room right now. :cry: :cry:

Oh no :( More unwanted bunnies - some people never learn. Where's Faye she usually manages to squeeze in a couple.

This is probably me just wishful thinking again and spouting off but..... I think the Government should be funding ALL pet rescues. As they dont seem to be bothered about the over population of animals and arent bringing in any laws to control the situation, hitting them in the pocket may make them think again.

I find it all so annoying that there isnt a governing body to help get the situation under control, not even any funding to even help educate these idiots that keep filling rescues..... it just seems to be left to the caring people, to pick up the pieces.

Thats my soapbox rant finished for the day.:lol:

I have PM'ed Jane as we are in the area and have a spare hutch & run so could short term foster 1/2 or even I suppose lend the hutch & run to her/another fosterer. We are also going down to Dorset this Friday evening so could bunny run any buns to London or dorset.

If it helps at all... I am going down to sunny Slough on sunday late pm...so aslong as the taxi doesn't mind..can take some buns down there but they would have to be picked up from me straight away as staying in a hotel..

I think Faye is full of my bunnies Suzanne...sorry

Are ARC taking these buns?

In a dire emergency I have space for a pregnant doe, as long as I have rescue back-up...I have no space for splitting a litter, so babies would definitely have to go at 8 weeks.

Just to re-iterate...this would ONLY be in an emergency situation...I already have 8 buns plus 2 single fosters here.

Amy

Depending on when this happens I *may* be able to take more if needed....3 of ours bunnies are now reserved :D

Back