• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In a group of three, does one get left out?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Just something I'm wondering about... :oops:

Let's just say I was to adopt a spayed doe. I have a Barney and an Amber at the moment, who are both lovely with one another. They are both friendly, loving little characters all by themselves. Barney is out going and into everything. Amber's completely dippy and wants to love and lick anything that keeps still long enough - including the neighbour's cat who is besotted with her. I'm aware that if I was to add another, it would have the most chance of success if the other was female. :) Which is good, as Barney likes to have adoring females of both rabbit and humankind around him. He likes having a little harem. I'm just wondering if there was any likelihood of a bunny getting left out in a three? Or would that not happen and am I just being too human in my thinking there?

I think it can happen but in my 3 they all cuddle up together and there doesn't appear to be one who gets left out at all. Occasionally two of them go off together and leave the other one behind but they really don't seem bothered and the next minute they're all together again so it's clear they love each other very much. Their bond does seem stronger since I had to re-bond them after Tufty was at the vets overnight a few weeks ago, not sure why that is though, maybe 'cause they were apart for a while :? They seem happier now they're together as well, espcially Tufty, she loves her new friends :D

i dont think one gets left out of my group of 3, they just all cuddle up together although sometimes Pippa is on her own but i think thats her choice coz she is a bossy little Madam so what she says goes!!!!:rolleyes:

Hmm, thankies.
Yeah, I can imagine Barney choosing to go off on his own... He does that when he's inside sometimes, goes off to have manly time on the landing leaving me and Amber - his girlies - flopped in the hall together. :rolleyes:

Bif wasnt fond of sharing her man bertie with anyone but her and willow got on very well at their meeting so we got wilow as th evet said get another bun as if anything was to happen to bertie ..losing a mate for the third time in 3 years would kill her for sure after her illness caused by stress. However willow had suspected EC and fater a monhs treatment she was finaly spayed..by then bif had got very very jealous especially as bertie n willow got on ok unless he got in her patch or crate or willow uspet bif or scared her then bertie attacked willow.
i was heartbroken..it was getting worse.willow escaped her pen one night and got attacked by bif all night but bif was the one with terrible ijuries as willow defended herself..bifs the size of a dwarf lop i guess and willows a huge frenchie! so we got bandit from SRR and hes a wickle lionhead..bifs taken to him like bertie took to willow but berties as aggressive to him as Bif is to Willow. sometimes 2s company but 3s a crowd..sometimes its fine its trial and error im afraid!
me..im bonding wilow and banit next weekend and then bonding that couple to bif n bertie..and the 2 cats!

My trio are pretty well balanced.....sometimes Fiver goes off in a strop but thats his choice, its not that the others 'send him to coventry' :lol:

They all sleep together in a bunny bundle at night :love:

We've just had the most gorgeous trio boarding with us here (Rosie, Lori and Bil) Rosie and Lori are rescue brother and sister (both neutered) and Bil fitted in great with them an they all groomed each other and cuddled up together. Rosie could be a bossy boots when it came to feeding time and nudge the others out the way but would then go off on her own and stretch out whilst the others ate theirs before joining them again when they had finished.

I've had a few probs with my trio recently afte the youngest was spayed later than the other two.
There has been some fisticuffs, and there is a definate pecking order, but they all love piling together for snuggles, and they all eat together lovely, and when the smallest one was recovereing from her spay (she's the one that gets picked on) she was just desperate to get back into the group, and was so much happier with them:D

Back