• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hutch is almost ready for winter

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Please ignore the really bad paint job. I know I havent done all of it but I need a smaller paintbrush and more time :lol: The bits I have painted need another couple of coats too. Hopefully it will be properly painted next weekend :D Oh and its not bright white, thats the flash :lol:

DSC04358.jpg

And with the plastic sheets

DSC04361.jpg

DSC04362.jpg

DSC04363.jpg

DSC04367.jpg

And I can see what my bunnies are getting up to through it ;)

DSC04365.jpg

And they are just hinged so I can lift it up to get to them

DSC04366.jpg

So that should keep wind and rain out of the hutch and keep most of the run dry :D And they are being attached to the hutch soon so they cant blow away :lol:

Last edited:
That looks great, what paint have you used... nice for it not to be hutch colour? I need to do mine but don't know what to use

That looks great, what paint have you used... nice for it not to be hutch colour? I need to do mine but don't know what to use

Those Cuprinol shades :D I just asked on here what to use and someone recommended that because its safe for animals :D They had all different colours liek purple and green and stuff :lol: The one I used is called natural stone :D

Looks great, the hutch my fosters are in needs doing and I need some lino down in bunny shed! They are my jobs to do!

Hi,

I've got some plastic sheets but I just lay them over the run. How did you attach them like that, esp to the front of the hutch? It looks fab, Claire x

Hi,

I've got some plastic sheets but I just lay them over the run. How did you attach them like that, esp to the front of the hutch? It looks fab, Claire x

Hey :D the ones in front of the hutch and in front of the run and just hinged onto the ones on top of the hutch and run, the hinges are on the wooden frame. I will get some better pictures of how its been done soon :D I am going to get some sort of clips though so I can attach it to the hutch for when its windy ;)

I bet your shower curtain looks great Becki :D x Mine had sheets last year but no matter how many bricks I held them down with they always blew away :lol:

Your plastic covers look great - pleased you thought my idea was good but yours looks so much more professional than mine (ggrrr!!). Good job well done.

How did you manage to fix the plastic onto the wooden frame without splitting the plastic?

Your plastic covers look great - pleased you thought my idea was good but yours looks so much more professional than mine (ggrrr!!). Good job well done.

How did you manage to fix the plastic onto the wooden frame without splitting the plastic?

We used an electric drill to make the holes in the plastic and screwed them in by hand :D And we just used a woodsaw to cut the plastic sheets to size, they didnt split or anything :lol:

Thanks for letting me see the pics of yours though it really helped :D xxx

:shock: did u build that hutch n run??? oh i want i want!!! how in the heck did u make that?? i bet i couldn't do one nearly half as good :roll: :oops:

:shock: did u build that hutch n run??? oh i want i want!!! how in the heck did u make that?? i bet i couldn't do one nearly half as good :roll: :oops:

No thats a happyhutch that I ordered flatpacked at the beginning of the year :lol: We made the plastic sheets on the hutch into a rain and wind proof frame for my little buns :lol:

Back