• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who shall I get spayed?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Holly, Magic or Daisy?
I have enough bitrhday money left to spay one of them then get the otehrs done at a later date.

Holly is about 2 years old,
Magic is about 1 1/2 years old
Daisy is 11-12 weeks old

who would be better to get done?

Holly- she is getting older and chews alot.
Magic- can be VERY hormonal and aggressive
Daisy- not aggressive or hormonal,,,,,YET! maybe be able to be bonded with Asbeau.

who ever it is i should be able to get done this week!

I would have thought that Daisy is too young to be spayed yet. Girls need to be about 5-6 months old before they can be spayed. If you are wanting to bond then its best done with spayed females as you know, but then Holly is older so maybe better to get her done first to reduce the cancer risks? :? I know that probably didnt help much, sorry! :roll: :lol:

I don't want to bond my females together- Magic and Holly are bonded to neutered bucks, I daren't try to bond Asbeau ( neutered) and Daisy, my nerves wouldn't hold out :lol:
I was thinking Daisy is too young, should I spay Holly? as she is oldest and teh most destructive?

I don't want to bond my females together- Magic and Holly are bonded to neutered bucks, I daren't try to bond Asbeau ( neutered) and Daisy, my nerves wouldn't hold out :lol:
I was thinking Daisy is too young, should I spay Holly? as she is oldest and teh most destructive?

Ah ok, sorry, got the wrong end of the stick there :oops: Maybe I should read more carefully :lol: I think personally I would start with Holly as she is the oldest, but you could always take both Holly and Magic to the vets (I know this means you would be taking four in total though!) and get the vet to feel their tummies and see whether one has any abnormalities that would mean they were better to be done first (I'm not trying to worry you by saying that, I'm sure they are both fine. Its just what I think I would do :)) If they are both fine then I would go for spaying the older one, as they recover better when younger too :)

I wouldn't be taking four? :lol:

I think it's probably best to get Holly Spayed, then get t'other two doen later?

(I know this means you would be taking four in total though!) and get the vet to feel their tummies and see whether one has any abnormalities that would mean they were better to be done first (I'm not trying to worry you by saying that, I'm sure they are both fine. Its just what I think I would do :)):)

I agree - better safe than sorry!:)

oh rite lol,
no problems, I have taken 6 to the vets before. :lol:
If I was to get Holly spayed, I'd have to re-bond H&B, wouldn't i?

Get the older girl done, she is at a higher risk of uterine cancer and the older she gets the aneasthetic risk get a little tiny bit higher.

oh rite lol,
no problems, I have taken 6 to the vets before. :lol:
If I was to get Holly spayed, I'd have to re-bond H&B, wouldn't i?

Why would you have to re-bond if they both go to the vets together? Most vets now allow the partner of the one being neutered to with them and support them in their recovery. Therefore no need to re-bond.:D

Back