• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay recommendations

~bailey~

Mama Doe
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of where I can get nice Timothy hay? I currently get dust free hay, but my last few bags haven't been as good. Theres a large proportion of brown hay in there which my bunnies won't eat, they go through and pick out the green bits and leave all the rest :lol: I know hay isn't supposed to be good this year, but I was wondering if anyone else has found this with the dust free stuff? And whether timothy hay from bb or the hay experts is better at the moment?
Does hay go downhill after it has been harvested? So is it normal it has gone more brown?
Thanks in advance :)

hey
apparently thers a new timothy on hay experts that people have been buying and thats supposed to be good x

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of where I can get nice Timothy hay?

Merlin absolutely loves Bunny Basics Timothy Hay (particularly their PF4Pets one). I've never come across brown Tim Hay from them so would definately recommend.

Have you had a lookie around your local horse feed supplier? I just got a HOOGE green/yellow bale at mine for only £4 yesterday! Much better than the bagged stuff at shops.;)

If you are looking for a good online store though, I can't reccomend a better place than bunny basics!:D

Have you had a lookie around your local horse feed supplier? I just got a HOOGE green/yellow bale at mine for only £4 yesterday! Much better than the bagged stuff at shops.;)

If you are looking for a good online store though, I can't reccomend a better place than bunny basics!:D

Oh yes, I should have mentioned I wanted an online place :oops: Theres no horse places round here that I know of and I don't have anywhere to store a bale of hay! Thanks for all the replies :) I will have a look at bb and hay experts and see what the prices are like in comparision (as well as what other bits and pieces they have which I can get at the same time :roll: :lol:). Seems like they are equally recommended so hopefully I can't go wrong!

The new Timothy Hay on Hay experts is good, mine love it although it goes brown VERY quick, but there isn't much left by the morning so i only throw a little bit of brown away.

Herbie loves the new timothy hay from thehayexperts.

I treated myself to one of their hay bags (less mess than a sack) and it doesn't look too out of place in the conservatory!

Herb eats it straight from that, must taste nicer than from a hay rack! He much prefers this to BB's but they all have their faves!

Back