• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Fred Has Stopped Eating............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Here we go again......

Fred remains very bright within himself but is refusing all food. I have just had a look in his mouth and I *think* he has molar spurs.
Very unexpected as Fred has always been a good hay eater and is a Rex so not a breed prone to Dental problems. What's more he is only 2 years old.

Picture1024.jpg

So it looks as though Fred will need a GA/Dental tomorrow. Meantime he is having pain relief, metoclop and syringe feeds. The latter of which he hates with a passion :cry:

The way my luck has been going of late I dread to think how this situation will pan out...................:cry: :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Oh no Jane.

I'm sure he'll be OK when he's had his dental but I can understand your worries. I'm always terrified whenever any of mine have a GA (I usually stand in the vets sobbing).

Lots of vibes

FC

Oh Fred, what are you trying to do to your mummy?????

Fingers crossed that his dental goes smoothly tomorrow & he`s soon back to his happy self.

Su.x

I thought you have that little scope that your neighbor can help to hold the bunny down and view it.

I do and that's what I looked in his mouth with :)

Well Fred is eating again now :? It may be due to the pain relief.
I think I am at risk of becoming completely neurotic about my Buns after the nightmare of the last 2 weeks :cry:

Janex

Don't worry your mummy :no: shes had enough upset in the last few weeks :(
Hope his dental goes well and he is back to normal soon :)

Good luck with Fred's dental! I'm sure he will be right as rain after he gets his teeth sorted out!:D It is impossible NOT to worry, though....so I won't even SAY it.:( :( :(

Back