• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Split them or keep them together?

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Dilemma!! Right, Jen & Rhia were a very very happily bonded couple of girls..but now its changed..they're loved up all day (which they spend out of the hutch) then when they go in at night, Jen chases, mounts, nips Rhia. Im wondering what to do in terms of splitting them :? Have done it for a night before & they both pined like crazy, literally tore up blankets and cushions etc. But tonight Rhias had enough, Jen was doing her usual nastiness & Rhi got out the hutch & wouldnt go back in. Usually I just walk her back & she climbs inside, but she wouldnt get in at all..Wondering if shes trying to tell me shes fed up of Jen? Shes such a lovable bun & will do anything for jen to be nice to her. What do I do?!!! Xx

Is Rhia spayed yet hun? :D I ended up seperating Trip and Scarlett the day she was spayed because he was just being mean to her :roll: :lol: I got really upset and thought that was it but once Scarlett had recovered I rebonded them and they were fine after about 2 minutes ;)

Did Jen used to live in the same hutch before she was with Rhia? All I can think of is maybe trying again from the start on neutral territory and giving the hutch a good clean out?

Just give them access to the run all the time. Female rabbits are territorial over their den so it may just be the bed that's an issue. Rabbits are most active late evening/early morning too. :)

Maybe when you get your HH combi, you can let them have access to it 24/7 - mine do and they're fine, I just cover it up with tarp at night

I agree with Tamsin - if my 4 girls didn't have a shed with a choice of box, chair, under the chair, or litter trays to sit in, I think they'd have killed each other by now too :rolleyes: Funny thing is when you give them a choice they decide they love each other and stick like glue - although so far they've only managed to squash 3 bunnies onto the chair at once :lol:

Back