• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Whats wrong with her?!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Guys am wondering if anyone can help me here..To quickly bring everyone up to date, Jen started with a snuffly nose & slightly gooey eyes over a month ago, she then got worms, and now some kind of skin infection. Its a cold night tonight, Jen lives outdoors, and her ears are raging. So warm. Not sure if buns do get temperatures? Felt Rhias and they're real cold, as i'd expect J's to be too. I have a feeling somethings wrong that we dont know about thats triggering all this off...but no idea what! :( Shes pretty much fine in herself I think. Shes really horrible to Rhia in the hutch so think Im going to have to split them up, which i'm sure will devestate them both because theyre so loved up the rest of the time..Having such a cr*p time atm and dont have the energy to be able to think straight and sort this out :cry: Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Guys Xx

yes buns can get a temperature . Id get her to the vets and mention that her ears feel hot the vet should check her temp . She may have an infection somewhere.

Hope had a temperature for a couple of days when she was ill and Star had a temperature when his abcess was bad.

Hope shes ok .

Don't really have any advice, I'm afraid, but hope Jen feels better soon.

Thank You, Angie you may have something there with the abcess-she does have a lump where this skin thing is :? Forgot to say as well, we've been back & forth to the vets and nothing is getting better (aside from the worms) Xx

Becki, is this why you were asking about what abcesses looked like a few days ago?

Sending loads of vibes for Jen...

Nicola

hope she feels better soon. If she's not very well that might be why shes being mean to Rhia when they are in the cage?

Sending vibes for Jen.

The only thing worse than a bunny being ill is them being ill and not knowing why :(

Back