• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed? U/D - Shredded!

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: I read that a lot of you have vetbed, I currently use fleece pet blankets. Are vetbeds better than this and do they have different types. Where is the best place to get them from? Thanks

Last edited:
Vet bed is good, especially for elderly or convalesing animals as if they wee on it the vet bet pulls the moisture away from the surface so keeping the rabbits dry.
I've bought some of the pro-fleece vet bed from http://www.thedoginn.com/acatalog/Pupps_ProFleece_Dog_Mats.html
It is really dense, I'd say a good inch thick pile. It's really warm and washes well (dries quickly too).
A few of my buns love it, whilst some of them hate it and screw it up into a corner:lol:

Thanks for that, I think I will get one to try my buns with. They are Ok with the fleece so I guess they should be OK with this.

:wave: :wave: I have ordered a couple of 30" oval vetbeds on offer for £10 so when the post strike finishes I will hopefully get them. Normally in the winter I put hay in for their bedding as well so I will continue to do this to keep them nice and warm as they like to throw it over them and make a mess too. Thanks for all your help.

Does anyone know of a US version of vetbed?? I use fleece too, but I'd love some vetbed, unfortunately they don't have it here...

Update - Shredded Vetbed!!!

:wave: I was excited when my neighbour called round with a parcel of 2 new vetbeds for me last night. I promptly ripped the box open and put the vetbed into their bed. I put them in their shed and gave them their tea veggies on the bed and locked them up for the night.

This morning my hubby came up saying "you won't be happy to hear this" - I immediately had a heart attack thinking he was going to tell me Homey's eye was watering (he has teeth problems) and I thought oh, no my baby! Then he said that the vetbed had been turned upside down and the edges shredded!! (does not look like it was eaten thank goodness) Boy was I relieved.:D Anyway, the bed was put back and within two minutes Katy went in the shed and when I looked in the vetbed was out on the floor and she was shredding it!!!

I have now taken it out until we can figure out how to keep the edges down - has anyone else had this problem? Maybe bunny-mad had the right idea!

I must figure out how to put a picture on here so you can see the little culprit!

I've found with mine they are less likely to chew stuff if they can't see or get to the edges. I usually have towels down and put a cornor of the little tray over one side and a wooden tunnel toy on the other. I ordered some vet bed from ebay a few days ago so I'm also praying mine will leave it alone! :shock: :lol:

Mine like to sleep on top of the hutch in their shed, so I staple it on the roof so they can't get at the edges (has to be strong staples that they can't pull out though):D

:wave: Thanks for the tips, my two rascals sleep in a large dog bed and it fitted it nicely, I might see if my sister can use her sewing skills to fold the edges in slightly so it fits flat rather than me trying to put it up the walls. They are lovely and soft though.

I am going to try and post a photo now of them in a large cat bed! The main culprit is Katy on the left and Homer is on the right (lost a bit of weight since this one was taken!)

photos012.jpg

Back