• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tired of rabbit illness :o(

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I know it sounds selfish of me, but i'm getting tired of looking after my sick rabbit, he just doesn't seem to be getting better.I love him to bits but i just wish he'd start getting better, it's so emotionally draining having an ill animal that you're trying your hardest to help, but doesn't seem to be improving.Hugo's recovering from myxi & as i've tried to explain on here before, his nose has been worst affected, it's all split open & sore.He's been back & forth to different vets but they just keep saying that it needs to be left to its own devices, he's had painkillers,anti inflammetrys & lots of antibiotics but nothing seems to work.I bathe it twice a day to keep it clean but it's still weepy & swollen.It doesn't seem to bother him but it's horrible to have to see him like that.He was diagnosed nearly 4 weeks ago & i thought he'd be back to normal by now.Sorry for the long post, but it's really getting me down that he doesn't seem to be improving, any advice on how to keep my spirits up? :(

i think its like with any pet, you dont want to see him suffer and its frutrating knowing youre doing everything you can for him and it isnt working. Its frustrating b cus you love him so much! Hang in there, he will pull through xxxx

Aw, you are doing a great job.

I do not have any experience of myxi (thankfully), but my rabbit has been ill on and off for a year (different things) and for about 3-4 months earlier this year I was having to clean his bum twice a day which was also getting me down (and him!!) but we love our buns and have to do these things for them.

Keep your chin up and big hug to you both.

I know excatly how you feel at the moment. My rabbit Caspian is very ill with an undignosed digestive problem which leaves him verging on stasis all the time and he needs 6 meds each day including 3 injections to keep him ticking over.

On top of that neither of my post-spey does are eating and I have a rabbit with a possible retrobulbar abcess.

You just have to keep going, make sure you plan everything out so that everyone gets the medicines they need and that you get time for yourself too.

When they start to get better its such a relief and you realise its all been worth while :D

Back