• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing a new rabbit

susiemae

Mama Doe
Ive noticed that alot of peeps on here have alot of rabbits. I have been considering adopting a rescue bun for some time now but am worried that introducing a new bun may upset the "status quo" with the two I have already. Would it cause any fricton between the two Ive got? I have been told bringing in a female, which is what I would like, could start my two fighting between themselves!!

I added a female to my male/female pair quite recently and they bonded quite easily. I think adding a female is more likely to work than adding a male.

Hi Fran,

Did you bond them yourself at home or did a Rescue do it for you?

If you did it at home, how did you go about it?

I did it myself. I just put them in a room none of them had been in before, put some litter trays, food and toys in there and let them get on with it. I think you shouldn't give them too much space because otherwise they'll just run from each other and won't get anywhere. A bathroom is a good place because it's normally not too big and is easy to make neutral again :)

Most rescues will bond for you but if they don't, I'm not too far from you so could help with the bonding if you like.

Last edited:
Most bonds work out but if you are going to you have to see if it does not work out you will have this one on its own unless you get another bonded pair like me then in time you can try and bond the 4 together:?

Back