• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foster homes desperately needed for 6 bunnies in trouble in eastbourne .....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
the situation is, a lady has called me to say she has a mum and 4 8week old babies plus dad, she has a staffy who is stressing the bunnies out they are confined to her shed with the door shut, she wants the bunnies gone this weekend as she fears given the chance the dog will kill the bunnies,can anyone help with fostering these guys for me, till i have space i really feel when talking to the owner this is not a situation that can be put on a waiting list :cry: :cry:

Why can't she keep the :censored: dog away from the bunnies? It makes me so mad when people do that.
I am not sure if we have any space, we just took in 12 bunnies last week. Always worth asking Donna, or maybe also Bobtails.

I have 2 empty hutches at the moment so can foster for a rescue if they can be got here.

Are the babies all weaned from Mum? If you get ahold of them and can hang on to them un til tomorrow morning (just getting ready to go out) I can either take the Mum, or the Dad, or a few of the babies, if that helps any???

If the babies are already 8 wks old, then she must also have had mum & dad a while too, so howcome she`s only realised there`s a problem now?:?

Sounds like she just wants shot to me so yet more pressure put on a rescue!:evil:

Sorry, but some people`s attitudes just make me so mad!!!!!

foster homes desperately needed 6 bunnies in trouble in eastbourne ....

from what i make of it she hasnt had the dog very long and as we are all aware the bunnies are always the 1st to go :cry: my main worry is the welfare of these bunnies and getting them out of danger, she has called other rescues and they are all full, this is not a situation that can go on a waiting list

from what i make of it she hasnt had the dog very long and as we are all aware the bunnies are always the 1st to go :cry: my main worry is the welfare of these bunnies and getting them out of danger, she has called other rescues and they are all full, this is not a situation that can go on a waiting list

Sorry caroline, that wasn`t an attack on you, but as you say it`s always the rabbits that go 1st & it just makes me so angry & sad:(

I really hope these bunnies can be got to safety.

Su.x

These people make ME very angry, too.....WHY does it seem that SO many people deem their rabbits to be of such a lower importance than a dog??? It beggars belief. WHY are bunnies considered to be a 'disposeable commodity' instead of a cherished member of the family like a dog tends to be??????:evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

These people make ME very angry, too.....WHY does it seem that SO many people deem their rabbits to be of such a lower importance than a dog??? It beggars belief. WHY are bunnies considered to be a 'disposeable commodity' instead of a cherished member of the family like a dog tends to be??????:evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Completely agree with that. :/
I can't understand the thinkin g behind such attitudes where somehow a dog is deemed more important/special/a member of a family more than a bunny.

I hope these rabbits can be gotten to safety.

foster homes desperately needed 6 bunnies in trouble in eastbourne ....

ive just spoken to the owner,s husband and it appears all the bunnies are livng together so we may be talking about more than 6 bunnies, mum may be pregnant again the dog has destroyed the hutches so they are living in their shed running free, ive said ill take them in today now im waiting for the lady to call me. Those poor bunnies must be scared witless :cry: :cry:

God this is awful, i really hope you get it sorted soon, and again weldone for these people who help xxx

i think if they can be like that with a bunny, the dog aint really gonna fare much better :cry: give it a few months and the dog will go too ill bet maybe theyll try a budgie next..... really really hate people sometimes :evil:

all my animals are number one in this house, each one is taken into consideration when we decide whether to bring home a new member...

Please check the shed really thoroughly - if they've been together a while Mum may have had more babies without the owner knowing. I've been called back somewhere before now when picking up three rabbits to collect a baby that had been born and raised, unknown about by the owners, by their rabbit out of her "hutch" and in their garden; abandoned because we'd taken Mum away.

Please check the shed really thoroughly - if they've been together a while Mum may have had more babies without the owner knowing. I've been called back somewhere before now when picking up three rabbits to collect a baby that had been born and raised, unknown about by the owners, by their rabbit out of her "hutch" and in their garden; abandoned because we'd taken Mum away.

Good point :shock: I can't believe the stupidity of this woman :? Poor bunnies :(

OMT that's awful!:shock:

I am i Newcastle so I doubt it is any help. I can take on short term fosterer's (I have space just could not offer time to another bunny family) My happy hutch combo is empty ATM and my time commitments are not too manic for the next couple of weeks.

(I am a full time student in final year have a small business which I run with my partner and have 2 kids 3 rats 1 can and 2 buns already :lol: )

Back