• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here we go..

capel

Warren Veteran
Well, it's THAT day!! Everything's ready. Rog has picked them a packed lunch of grass for the journey, and I'm even allowing them an extra portion of carrot as it's such a special day. Just got to get them out of the runs for a final cuddle before putting them in their carriers and then collecting Leanne , before the journey to Jill's. Just hope I can stop blubbering before we get there!!:( It's so silly really..they are just on the next step towards a lovely future in forever homes, but I suppose I've broken one of the Fosterers' rules..Don't bond too closely!!!!!

Aww Hilda, Be strong. You're right that the girls will soon be in such a lovely home. Afraid I cant really comment further..Jen was my first, and last 'foster' :oops: Hugs Xx

I cry everytime one of my fosters goes to a new home :cry: I think it shows we care. Its nice to be a part of their journey to a new home :D Good luck today !

Bless you. I'm always filled with mixed emotions when a foster goes, but its part of the job .... we'd all have a house full of rabbits if we kept every one (thats actually quite appealing lol).

It is definately worse when its a bun you've got an extra bond with though, usually one that been sick, or needs careful handling or a bit of extra love. Fortunately I've only cried once and that was bad enough, but I knew the bun was going to the best home.

If things get really bad, I have a new cunning plan anyway, when Jill comes to take the fosters away, I get my 2 and 4 year old daughters to say "please dont take our bunny away", then cry, only had to use this method a couple of times though.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Sapphire and Pansy will be fine and in a lovely new home in no time.

I'm fine now. As soon as we saw Jill's set up we were so relieved and happy. Rog had warned me that if he wasn't happy about the conditions he'd not leave them there!! However the bunsters were so delighted with their big posh hutches(MUCH bigger than they are used to here!!) that they didn't even stop to wave goodbye as they were too busy busy exploring!! There's gratitiude for you:lol: We met all of Jill's lovely buns, most of whom were out in the sunshine in her lovely garden.
It was lovely meeting you Jill, and hope we'll bend round your way again soon.:D Thakns so much for helping Karen and I out with these two beauties.

lovely to meet you too..and I'm so relieved I came up to Roger's standards!!:lol:
the girls are both fine..eating and pooing well!!
When you're over this way again let me know..and you can pop in and I'll join you at MacDonald's!!:lol:

Back