• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So Sad

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I feel so dreadful this morning :cry:
The reality of losing 8 Bunny Friends in 2 weeks has hit me full force :cry:

Meg

Picture1260.jpg

The Girlie Boblets- Nellie, Peggy-Sue and Bree

Picture1141.jpg

Ned

Picture980.jpg

Maggie

Picture1309.jpg

Gordon Bennet

Picture981-1.jpg

Grandpa Gregory

Picture1006-1.jpg

Surely things have to get better soon dont they ?

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane I wish there was something I could say to take away your pain :cry: I can only imagine how you're feeling,Sylvie was ill a couple of weeks ago and we nearly lost her and that nearly finished me off so goodness knows how you're coping.Try to take each day at a time and remember those precious bunnies wouldn't have had such a wonderful life anywhere else,even though some of those little lives were too short at least they knew unconditional love in that time,thinking of you.

Oh Jane, I hope things start to look up soon. From what I have read so far, you seem to take such excellent care of the poorly rabbits you take on, they must have such happy lives with you. xxx

Jane to lose so many in a short space of time is dreadful..but when you care for the nuimber you do it is going to be a part of that care..to love them til the end..
you give all your animals the best home they could wish for and all the love you can..
Try not to be sad..I'm sure the recent 8, along with all your other Rb friends, wouldn't want that..
xxxx

I think it's just a natural hazard of having older and less 'well bred' animals Jane - you have such a kind heart you are bound to suffer for it :( Just you haven't had time in between each loss so it's a pile-up :( If you only take on healthy, young rabbits, whose background you know is good, then you won't have as many losses, but you are drawn to the damaged and unwanted ones and they need you too :(

My mum used to play this song when I was a child, and the words always stuck in my head - women must weep, because we are the carers.

Three Fishers lyrics
Artist: Joan Baez
Album: Joan Baez In Concert, Pt. 2
(John hullah – charles kingsley)

Three fishers went sailing out into the west
Out into the west as the sun went down
Each thought on the woman that loves him the best
And the children stood watching them out of the town

For men must work and women must weep
For there's little to earn and many to keep
And the harbor bar be moaning

Three wives sat up in the lighthouse tower
They trimmed the lamps as the sun went down
And they looked at the squall and they looked at the shower
And the night-wrack came rolling in ragged and brown

For men must work and women must weep Instant Song Lyrics
'Though storms be sudden and the waters be deep
And the harbor bar be moaning

Three corpses lay out on the shining sand
In the morning gleam as the tide went down
And the women were weeping and wringing their hands
For those who would never come back to the town

And the sooner it's over, the sooner to sleep
And good-bye to that bar and its moaning

And the sooner it's over, the sooner to sleep
And good-bye to that bar and its moaning

I'm so sorry you've lost so many bunnies. Is there anything that could be done as a memorial for them so we could celebrate their lives with you?

Oh Jane i empathise with you i really do, it's so awful loosing so many in such a short space but you have to remember that you did everything for them and gave them such a good life they may not have had otherwise xx Sending big hugs xxx

Jane, I'm so sorry.
I cant really find the right words to say anything useful. :(
Thinking of you at this very hard time and sending hugs x x x

oh jane, i am so so sorry. i wish i could say something but i'm not very good at these things. you are obviously heart broken and devasted - who wouldn't be in such an awful situation, but you have given those poor buns a wonderful life. it may have been short, but that was not your fault. from what i have heard from some of their backgrounds its a miracle they had a life at all. you are the miracle that saved them and showed them that humans aren't all bad. if everyone in the world was only a fraction of what you are, the world would be a better place.

i hope thats not too ott, but from what others have said on this forum you're a bit of a legend. keep strong for your other buns jane. it will get better over time and we're all behind you.

Jane we are thinking of you. You gave those bunnies everything they needed and did you best for them, loved and cared for them. They couldnt have got a better Bunny Mummy. :)

Thank you everyone

With losing so many Buns one after the other I have not had time to grieve in the 'normal' way. This morning I dreaded getting up for fear of finding an ill Rabbit. Thankfully everyBun appears to be OK at the moment *touches lots of wood*

Yesterday I managed to bond Michael with Ned's widow Bernie. I tried Michael with Aisling first but Aisling is still grieving for Gordon and she doesn't want anyBun near her at the moment :cry:
In time I hope to try to bond her with Colonel Colin.

Janex

Im am very sorry for your loss,you do such a fantastic job with all your buns and for giving all us on here the advice we need,now fingers crossed that everything has passed,fight on ,rick

Last edited:
Oh Jane, my heart really does go out to you at the mo:cry: :cry:
I know after we lost 3 so close together i felt like my world had fallen apart, so i can`t begin to imagine how you must feel after losing 8:cry: :cry:

You are a truly special person who has devoted her life to giving bunnies the best care & love possible, possibly when others may well have just given up on them. But unfortunately along with the love you give comes heartache:(

I sincerely hope this tragic period is over for you & please remeber we`re always here for you.

Huge Hugs

Su.xxx

Jane, you'll probably spend the next few weeks "expecting" something each day, and your radar will be on extra high alert so you'll pick up on any little thing your buns do that is out of the norm - it's only natural.
You need to grieve though, else storing it all up will make you ill - been there and done that.
Life occasionally kicks your feet from under you, and I really feel for you as I know how I'd feel to have lost so many of my family in such a short space of time.
Look after yourself as well as those bunnies - they all need their mummy:)

I cant say anything that hasnt already been said:cry: I really do hope things get better for you! .... as for Aisling she just needs a little time :( bless her.... as do you!. Keep strong Jane, for all the other bunnies that need you and for all that will come through your doors.

i wish i could take your pain away.. i just cant imagine all that grief, im thinking of you and i really hope your pain starts to ease soon XXXXXXXXXXX

Jane I cant begin to imagine how heartbroken you must be, its just terrible whats happened. Everyone one of those bunnies were looked after and loved and if I were a bunny, I'd want to spend my last days, no matter how few, with someone like you. Although you can never replace a friend/pet, I'm a great believer in fate, and just know that more needy buns will come along, and fill the void thats been left. Thinking of you.:(

I've not been following the boards for long, but it seems that you give a home to the rabbits no-one want - past their best, unhealthy or generally badly kept. You are a hero for doing this - especially as you will suffer from a high mortality rate - I couldn't do it.

These rabbits at least had love, care, attention and some happiness at the end of their lives if not earlier.

Your situation over the last 2 weeks has been hearbreaking, hopefully Ostara the goddess of rabbits will smile on you now.:wave:

Back