• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy bit me !!!!

Flopsy is 5 months old and I have had him since he was 9 weeks. He is an outside bunny and always been nervous but bit by bit has come around and I could hand feed him, groom him and stroke his nose with no problem. Last two weeks he seems to have gone backwards and won't let me near him. He used to have full run of garden but is now in a 6 foot run (cat in garden in his hutch!!!) He has full run of garden at weekend when I am out but during week he is in his run. He is also nearing that time when he is due to be neutered and is booked in.

I went out to play with him at teatime and he try to "scrat at my arm" and then bit me twice once on arm and then on leg. It was not vicious just a nip. Is this because of his run or more due to the fact of his age?

Thought that may be why!!! :rolleyes: He is booked in for pre-snip next week and going in the week after.

Little scallyway won't even let me groom him lately. Go near him with his comb and he takes it off me and throws it away!! Very stroppy - reminds me of Kevin & Perry (harry enfield).:shock:

Will neutering him stop this?

I think bunnies just like to throw things. Mine look stroppy when they do it too, but I think they're probably just playing :D Bailey still gives me a little nip if I'm in his way and hes been neutered a couple of months now. I just have to make sure I don't get in between him and the hay when I fill up the rack :lol: He did bite my OH and drew blood before he was neutered, thankfully he doesn't do that anymore! :lol: He sometimes nips my feet if I'm on the computer and not paying him as much attention as he would like :lol: Neutering will calm him down though, was Bailey was done he went back to the bun he first was before all his hormones had kicked in :)
Good luck for the neuter in a couple of weeks :)

Little monkey :lol:

I think it is his age, he will prob settle after he has been neutered.

Maisie my bun is delightful but when she is in the run under her hutch with husbun Bamber or when they are free in the garden if she comes round nudging my ankles I'd better stroke her fast or she gives me a nip. So could also be an attention seeking thing. Bunny communication...complicated stuff :lol: :lol:

Rabswood

I had my bucks neutered recently. 1 was fine but the other became agressive after the op (probably just wanted to be left alone). I know it can take some time for the hormones to settle down after the op. Any ideas how long this will take? I'd like to put my bunnies back together but daren't risk it until Storm is feeling more calm.

Thanks everyone for advice. Guess Flopsy is having is stroppy teens. Hopefully neutering will calm him down. Already have an 8 year old son who gets stroppy but I will have to put up with that one - can't neuter kids to calm them down can we!:shock: :rolleyes: :lol:

Back