• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Sunshine" U/D Chapter Two

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so i know Marley With No Name was well recieved here, and ive been working on a little sequel, about a little girl bunny called Sunshine, and i wondered if anyone would like to read it? or is it too soon after Marley?

For those who havent read my first, here it is:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=103110&highlight=marley

it hasnt got many comments but thats because i have another post where id id it chapter by chapter and it was hard 2 read if you hadnt read it before because there was so many comment hehehe!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
oh really?oh thats great! i read it to my ten year old neice and she loved it, its going to be different than marley because obviously you dont want to read the same thing twice, so heres the first chapter!

Sunshine

Chapter One: The Beginning
The warmth of my mothers fur kept me snug, while I dreamt of happy things. Snuggled up with her and my seven other siblings was so cosy. I stretched out and yawned, just as my mother groomed me. I had never felt so safe. We had a lovely large hutch, with three floors and lots of toys. We had so much room to play. The air was cold and crisp outside, and soft white delicate snow was falling. I watched blissfully from my mothers side. She was beautiful my mum. A large black rabbit with huge floppy ears and a dainty tail. Most of my brothers and sisters were black like my mum, there was just two of us that were golden honey colour. My dad was that colour too. I had dark choclate brown eyes, and light honey fur. A cold gust of wind blew through the air so I squeezed myself up close to my other siblings. My mother nuzzled me and I slipped off into a lovely sleep.

I was woken up to the rattle of the food bin. Kelsie, the woman who owned my mother and us, was always so friendly. She had a gentle voice and soft hands. She always greeted me with a smile. She walked over and poured some food into our big dish we shared. All my brothers and sisters charged forward, they blocked me out! I couldn’t get any food!! I was hungry! The hutch door was open, and Kelsie had her back to us. I leapt out, and fell straight into the bin! I started munching straight away, when a shadow cast over my delicious breakfast. I looked up and saw Kelsies smiling face. She scooped me up and cuddled me. “Oh I don’t want to let you go, I want you to stay here with me!” she said as she gentle fondled my little lop ears. Me go somewhere? I wriggled in fear, I didn’t want to leave my mum and brothers and sisters! “Hey little Sunnie, its okay, someone lovely is going to take you home”. I loved it when she called me that.

Later that day, me and my family were in a large pen. We were tearing round the tunnels as if we were on a racetrack! “Come on Mum!!” I tried to make her play, but she didn’t want to. Kelsie came over, and picked up one of my brothers. He was pure black like mum. She popped him a in a box and we didn’t see him again. I carried on running around, I didn’t understand. But I saw mum looked sad. So I snuggled with her until it was time to be put back in the hutch. As the sun was going down I watched my brothers and sister binkying in the evening light. I never knew this would be the last time we played together. Kelsie always put us in one by one, so I didn’t worry when I was the last one left. But when she picked me up…she carried me the wrong way! Mum was over there!! I wriggled and kicked, I didn’t want to go! She placed me in a cardboard carrier, and said “Please take good care of her”. As she closed the lid a cold tear fell from her cheek onto my fur. I didn’t understand. If she loved me, why didn’t she want me? The lid was shut tight, and I could feel motion beneath me. I curled up and went to sleep, just wishing I was with my mum again.

Uh Oh I feel the tears appearing already *Reaches for the tissues* :oops:

Excellent, love it :thumb:

Chapter Two – Pastures New
We pulled into a driveway, I felt the gravel beneath me. The door opened and a woman scooped me out of the box. “Oh isn’t she beautiful Kevin?” A man came over and fondled my ears. “She’s perfect!” he replied. They brought me indoors, and I had a nice indoor cage. It was filled with tasty treats and lots of fresh hay. The room smelt nice, it had a warm smell, like baking. In the mornings the soft smell of breakfast would waft through to my cage and I would run to the bars, hoping to catch a snippet of what smelt so delicious. They always gave me fresh greens and cuddled me every night. I had been there a few weeks when Kevin and his wife Sarah, put me into a large run during the day. It brought back so many lovely memories of my mother, I wondered where she was. I didn’t mind being alone, I was just lonely. Sometimes the ginger cat strolled past me in the afternoons, but he scared me. One morning I was put into a wooden hutch in the garden. Kevin and Sarah didn’t want me to be a house bunny anymore. I didn’t mind too much, because I could go in the run all day! And they always came to see me.
I loved it when Sarah placed me on her lap and gave me fuss, and when Kevin would pretend he wasn’t into rabbits but whenever he was alone he would let me out in the garden with him while he drank his tea in the mornings. That morning however, it was different. Kevin hadn’t come outside. I pressed my little honey nose through the black mesh, waiting. He finally came out with a huge smile on his face, he walks straight past me and got in his car. I watched him drive away. I didn’t understand. Then it got weirder. Sarah started having people over all the time, and they always had that same smile. I hadn’t been cuddled in a long time, I was always fed and cleaned out, but I didn’t get cuddled anymore. I felt sad, all I wanted was their affection. Had I done something? I lay against the mesh with my little nose pointing out most of the day, hoping for Sarah to catch a glimpse of me and want to play. Then one day. Sarah came and pulled a big white chair next to my hutch. She scooped me out and placed me on her tummy. Only it was…different. Round.
Sarah stroked my ears. “I’m sorry I haven’t been there for you much Sunny, I’ve been so busy and...i know its not an excuse, but…I do love you” She then placed me back in the hutch, and went indoors, a tear in her eye.

The next day a woman came and saw me. She was around forty, with blond frizzy hair scraped back into a plait. She had a look about her, I didn’t trust it. She was talking to Sarah. “So, when I found out I was pregnant, I had less time for Sunny, she’s been very well cared for and we do love her but, with the baby I just cant’” said Sarah, looking very embarrassed. “ I’ll take good care of her” said the woman. And I knew I was leaving.

Back