• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amelia

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Did another photo session with my foster girls while checking them today.

Amelia is the thinnest of the three, I think. She is very sweet, but also quite smelly at the moment. She has problems with sticky poo, so she will get her bum washed once my boyfriend is back home to help.
As they had been on some cheap mix before, they were not too impressed by the Oxbow pellets I offered them. They are eating Science Selective, but with not much joy, either. Luckily they like their hay. I gave them small bits of veggies, but will stop that again, until the poos are better. Not sure what else is good for gaining weight, but doesn't cause sticky poos. :?
Amelia is very friendly and likes noserubs, but she wiggles the most when I try to pick her up. Her sisters are easier to carry.

Ame2.jpg

Ame3.jpg

Ame4.jpg

Aw she is really sweet :D Is it oats that you can feed to get bunnies to gain weight? I'm sure its something which you can soak in water and feed, although I don't know if its good for sensitive tummies or not :? Hope she and her sisters put some weight on soon :)

I would just stick with tons of hay and some SS.
Anything like Porridge oats will exacerbate a mucky Bum problem

She looks as though she has not built up any muscle and the exercise she will now be getting will help with that. Once she builds up muscle she will fill out.
I expect the lack of food all these Buns had means they had to burn off muscle to stay alive :cry:

You could give her some Fibreplex

http://www.protexin.com/vet/product.php?id=21

I think I would probably Coxoid them all too

http://www.everythingforpets.com/harkers_coxoid.pet/use.id.5.item_id.416.dept.103/

Janex

Last edited:
I would just stick with tons of hay and some SS.
Anything like Porridge oats will exacerbate a mucky Bum problem

She looks as though she has not built up any muscle and the exercise she will now be getting will help with that. Once she builds up muscle she will fill out.
I expect the lack of food all these Buns had means they had to burn off muscle to stay alive :cry:

You could give her some Fibreplex

http://www.protexin.com/vet/product.php?id=21

I think I would probably Coxoid them all too

http://www.everythingforpets.com/harkers_coxoid.pet/use.id.5.item_id.416.dept.103/

Janex

Does Christabel have these things at the surgery or do you order them over the internet? I think I need to stock up my first aid box.
I'll see how it goes with just hay and SS. Is oat hay ok to add, or should I stick to the normal meadow hay?
The bum washing will be interesting, I bet she won't be impressed. :rolleyes:

Does Christabel have these things at the surgery or do you order them over the internet? I think I need to stock up my first aid box.
I'll see how it goes with just hay and SS. Is oat hay ok to add, or should I stick to the normal meadow hay?
The bum washing will be interesting, I bet she won't be impressed. :rolleyes:

I usually buy my Fibreplex online but I think Christobel stocks it
I dont think she stocks Coxoid though

A variety of hays will be great :thumb:

Good luck with the bum washes!!

Janex

Thanks. I remember trying to wash my cat's bum once. He only had one eye, but that eye was telling me "this is humiliating". :lol:

awww shes such a cutie!

if you think thats bad when I first got Midnight she was on a pure squashed pea mix! I didnt even think it was legal to sell that kind of thing!!! :censored: :evil: :shock:

Well, it was a bit of a struggle. Amelia decided to go for a swim rather than let me wash her bum, and then she liked the warm water so much that she started to drink it. :rolleyes:
When I dried her off, she made some nice big poos, and I have not found any more soft poos since I cleaned the hutch earlier. :D Fingers crossed that she's back to normal.

bumwash1.jpg

Back