• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Commando - how unneccessary

TripleD

Warren Scout
My other half was watching commando last night, was half listerning but not really. Bit sleepy but this time....

Any was got to the second half when they decided to show how to kill and chicken and a rabbit! Was horrible i couldn't watch or listern. Thought that this was really bad, showing this on national televison the best was to do it. The rabbits were all white and fluffy. So horrible. Apparently at one point they sucked out there eyes or something.

Now i understand that this is to help with survival and these things happen but just think that i really don't want to see it in my face watching television and doesn't make it right. Just makes me think that will cause sick people out there to do it just for the fun of it.

Sorry for the rant just made me angry. :censored: :censored:

Was horrible i couldn't watch or listern. Thought that this was really bad, showing this on national televison the best was to do it. The rabbits were all white and fluffy. So horrible. Apparently at one point they sucked out there eyes or something.
Now i understand that this is to help with survival and these things happen but just think that i really don't want to see it in my face

Yeah, I've been watching this series from the beginning & covered my eyes when they killed the chickens & rabbits. The thing is like you say it's done as they will more than likely at some point in their career need to know survival methods, but it did spring to mind just how many rabbits the army thinks are going to be hopping around Afganistan where the troop are heading post training?! & yes he did suck out the eyeballs of the rabbit as they 'make good hydration' apparently. Also he made some sarccy comment about 'my daughter not being happy as I'm about to kill fluffy her pet rabbit'! Bit unneccessary but then he knew he was gonna be on tele :censored:
Ps Looked like they were laboratory bred rabbits - why do laboratories always use white buns with red eyes anyway? Bless 'em

I didn't see anything wrong with it to be honest. Its not nice but they've got to learn how to do it. They were killed humanely. Surely its better for them to learn to do it the right way then have an animal suffering at a later date?

It wasn't compulsory viewing. You could of turned it off or changed the channel. ;)

Louise

As i said i wasn't directly watching it my other half was.

I know that these things happen and accept that my point was that i did not think that it was necessary to show this or how to do it on telly.

There are somethings that just don't really need to be shown.

I started to watch it. There was a mention at the start of the show about graphic scenes of animal slaughter and as soon as a saw a bunny I turned over!!!

Back