• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Johnsons activ-V8

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I saw these supplements in the feed store next to the vet this morning. Has anyone tried them?

Do you think they're a bit of a gimmick or would they do any good?

This is what it says on bunnymail:
'Mr Johnsons acti-V8 for rabbits is a daily supplement treat for rabbits, packed with natural goodness including pre and pro biotic, verm-x, high in fibre, aids digestion, helps maintain teeth and contains herbs. NO artificial additives.'

The ingredients didn't seem to contain anything dodgy.

edit: if you scroll to the bottom of the page here, you can see a pic:
http://www.mypetfoods.co.uk/rabbits.html

Last edited:
I gave mine them for a week or so, which was the worst week they ever had for GI stasis! :shock: I actually think that was a coincedence, but can't be sure, so won't be using them again.

I gave mine them for a week or so, which was the worst week they ever had for GI stasis! :shock: I actually think that was a coincedence, but can't be sure, so won't be using them again.

:shock: Glad I didn't buy some then! I decided not to because I was thinking Audrey doesn't have any health problems, so surely doesn't need them...

My view on supplements is that if the bun is getting a varied and balanced diet and is exercising then they don't need them. Just like with people.

I got some a few months ago as I see it as a better natural way to routinely worm and more cost effective than buying the panacur paste;)

Back